Meatball Question

Hi mamas! I have about half a bag of previously frozen meatballs (they are cooked) that have been sitting in my fridge since Sunday. Two questions -

1. How long are they good as they are precooked?
2. We did spaghetti and meatballs. What are some other good ideas for meatballs? I know of the chili sauce/ grape jelly or bbq sauce/grape jelly and mustard/apricot jelly. Other recipes?

I would use them this week.
Meatball subs with provolone cheese?
Meatballs with brown gravy & egg noodles?

Meatball subs with mozzarella or provolone on top. YUMMY! But use those meatballs in the next day or two. If not toss them

I would use them this week.
Meatball subs with provolone cheese?

You can freeze them again. Taste one. If it tastes good you can refreeze them. In a cold freezer, the meat balls will last for years if they are tightly sealed.

What can you do with them?
chili, soup, stew, hoggies/subs, sliced and placed on pizza, sliced or crushed and spiced for tacos, enchiladas

Your imagination is the only limitation.

I think they are good for a couple of months in the freezer (particularly if you can put them away from the freezer door).

I've made meatball stew in the slow cooker before, and that was yummy. I used this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/meatball-stew/Detail.aspx

We also make hoagies with them--slice & toast the rolls, then add warm marinara sauce, warmed meatballs & a slice of provolone or mozzarella and broil or toast again.

I've also heard of (but haven't tried yet, though they sound good):
Meatball stroganoff (sp?)
Meatball stromboli

Have fun eating those yummy meatballs

Soup. Rachael Ray has a really good meatball soup on the food network site, just go into www.foodtv.com and look her up then put in for meatball and it will come up. I have also made meatball soup with potatoes and carrots. For the bases, I use powdered chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, onion, italian seasoning (basil, oregano, rosemary), bay leaves. Put them all in a pot of water. Once they are cooked, put them in a blender and grind up. Then add any additional water you would need, meatballs and veggies. Then adjust the taste with more garlic or broth.

throw some ragu on them and make meatball sandwiches topped with some mozzarella. Make a pot of soup and throw the balls in long enough to heat up without falling apart at the end. Or just fry them up in a tad of olive oild and stick toothpicks in them and dip them into whatever you want.

I forgot they've been thawed since Sunday and today is Thursday. They are probably ok, give them a smell... if they stink---toss. 4 days is usually about the limit on anything that has been thawed out.

meatball sub sandwiches; not sure how long they will last, but if they were mine I'd eat them today or throw them out by tomorrow

I thought that once something was frozen then cooked or thawed you were NOT suppose to refreeze it. That is what I have been told do others agree or is that not true?

I make mini cheesy meatloafs they are about the size of your hand, let me know if you would like the recipe, private message ame. I will need to hunt it up. I think it is more cost effective this way and I know exactly what is in it, and good for you!

I like the idea to put cheese and pasta sauce on them sounds yummy to me.

1 / 3