Meals for New Moms

I would like to help out with a couple of moms groups I belong to and make meals for some of the families with new babies. I am comfortable cooking for my family, but I am a little nervous cooking for other people (a kind of stage fright I guess). I'm not sure if I am a good cook or not. I am certainly not a gourmet cook. My family is vegetarian, but I don't mind cooking a simple meat dish for someone else.
Can anyone give me some ideas for something easy that I can do that most families will enjoy.
Thanks-

wow, wish someone had cooked for me when my twins were born. so great of you.
some simple dishes stuffed red and yellow peppers with ground beef or ground turkey.
roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and some kind of a veggie casserole.
pasta is always good.

I found comfort foods were the best since when you have a newborn you are always tired and if breastfeeding you do not have a lot of energy. Mac & Cheese, Chicken Parm, Eggplant parm are always great. If you are worried about your cooking there are always great receipes on line. It is the though that counts and that is so kind of you.

That is so nice of you! I know I would have really appreciated that. I don't think you can go wrong with an Italian cassarole like lasagna, baked ziti, or stuffed shells. They heat up well and not hard to make.

mac and cheese / cut up veggies for those w/ other children
roasted chicken / red potatoes / vegetable
stew
tacos (soft or hard)
ziti / lasagna

B.,

Freezable meals are always welcomed and it's something you can make at any time. Keep a couple on hand and when a mom gives birth you can bring it over. Then she can pop it in the oven when it works for her. If you google freezer meals or make ahead meals it will provide you with a bunch of different websites you can search. I've also made family friendly meals (a lot of these new moms have older kids at home). There are a couple recipes that these families LOVE (probably because it feeds everyone and the kids like them). If you send me your email address in a personal message on mamasource I'd be happy to send you the recipes. I just don't have the time to type out the recipes now. Best of luck and I look forward to hearing from you!

~A.

I am in a moms group too and they brought meals to me. It was so appreciated! My family helped too.
Lasagna
chicken/mixed veggie/rice casserole
shepards pie
meatloaf & potatoes
fruit platter w/ cheese
~ these were delievered to me. My husband loved it b/c he enjoys the hearty meals. I think I only had time to eat the chicken casserole. haha

All the ideas sound great,

I would make a few baked chickens,
they are cheap and versatile,

some salads

and some veggies.

and seasoned baked potatoe pieces on a tray

with the baked chicken you can serve them as the meal,
or break off the left overs into the salad, or the veggies.

kids always like potatoe, and they reheat well.
can be reused as a breakfast treat, or mixed with the veggies or chicken.

veggies are healthy a super easy.
and can be reheated.

and the salad is another healthy option with can be eaten for lunch, with the left over chicken.

M

1 / 3