McDonalds Birthday Party

Hi Mamma's,

I was wondering if any of you have had a birthday party for your child/children at McDonalds? My son will be turning eight in September and would like to have his party there. What are the pro's and con's? Are you able to reserve an area, bring in your own cake, the cost etc.? Any information you may have will help a lot. I know that some of the info I need is just a call away but I would really like to here from you gals first. Thanks so much.

I strongly urge you not to do McDonalds! You can't reserve inside the playzone as far as keeping anyone out. Other kids that you don't know will be asking for cake, favors, etc. and getting into your stuff. It's way more of a hassle than it's worth!
Maybe offer for him to have one or two friends join you for a happy meal and an ice cream or something, but have the party somewhere else.
Just my experience, others may have nice things to say.

it runs about 125.00, I think thats up to 10 kids. I agree with the other person that the kids that are not with the party ask for cake and prize bags which made me feel bad. They do offer cake but I strongly suggest you bring your own, the one they have is not good. Good Luck

Hey there. We had my daughters 3rd birthday party at Mcdy's here in Denton. It was great...We did not have to bring in our own cake, they provided one, it was really cute Ronald Mcdonald cake...I made cupcakes though for the adults in case the cake wasn't enough. We also supplied our own goodie bags, although we didn't need to do that either, they gave us goodie bags full of Happy meal toys..that was pretty neat...They put up a few ballons, but we supplied most. And the best part of all, it was CHEAP....I would recommend Mcdy's birthday parties any day....: )

I had my daughters 5th birthday at Mcdonalds. I had it during the week at 11, I think. (It's been several months). It will be hit or miss, it wasn't that busy. I bought Happy Meals for the kids, brought in our own cake, and goody bags. Keep it simply, kids will have a great time.

we've done it on a small scale. that is to say, not officially renting the room and just setting up in the corner for the 6 kids plus adults invited. it went great. no weren't asked for our things. birthday boy had a blast!

I know this may be a little late in responding, but you had several good answers. We looked into McD party this year for our now 6 year old. It would have been around $5 a child. They provided cake, goodie bags and happy meal. All the adults would have been extra.

I haven't had one there for my child, but he's been to one. As far as I understand, you can't "rent" the room, so the public will be allowed in there with you. I would think if you had it at an off meal time, the chance of other people there would be slim. My son went to one around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, and I don't think anyone was in there other than the party people. They brought balloons and cake. When each child got there, they took their order for a happy meal and bought them all at once when everyone got there. Any parents there with them bought their own if they wanted anything. My son had lots of fun, and it seemed pretty inexpensive. I can't imagine kids asking for cake or favors at a party they weren't at like the previous poster mentioned, but I'm sure it does happen some times. I would be so embarrassed if my child did that!!!

We attended a party at McD's, it was ok. The kids got a happy meal and a McD's goodie bag (the usual stuff). McD's provided the cake.

It did seem kind of rushed. It took place in the indoor playcenter, but it was still opened to the general public so other children were also running around. Not so fun.

My friend said that it was not too expensive, but was disappointed that they were not ready for her party and actually did not have a cake in the store for her (they had to rush to another store to get one).

Personally, I would not choose to have a party at MCD's based on that party experience.

By the way if you need any entertainment, my husband and I are professional clowns living in Anna. We offer facepainting, balloon sculptures, friendship bracelets, magic, comedy along with fun interaction and games. We've entertained at birthday parties and large events like the Plano Balloon Festival.

Our prices are very reasonable (we have four great kids of our own so we know how expensive things can get)and we do our best to work within a person's buget.

Please feel free to take a look at our website at www.freewebs.com/bubblesandwowza for samples of our work.

Give us a call at ###-###-#### if you have any questions at all.

Hope you have a great party.

Hope to hear from you,
K. Schmidt
Bubbles the Clown
Bubbles and Wowza, LLC

1 / 3