McDonald's Playplace & Other Places for Indoor Play

I hate to even ASK this question! But here goes my pride...

My husband and I saw a large, new McDonald's with a playplace that looked like it was on steroids somewhere in the western burbs, we think. But, now we can't recall where it is. Does anyone know where this might be?

Also, what are some indoor play options (other than McDonald's) in the near west burbs (Oak Park, LaGrange, Hindsdale, Western Springs, Oakbrook, etc...)?

LOL! Also wanted to let people know there's a new play area at Woodfield Mall - downstairs just outside Macys. We belong to the Park Ridge Park District and never run out of things to do there...lots of great activities and classes.

Check out this great link for indoor play places in the near west burb areas! Includes times, fees, etc.

http://mommail.blogspot.com/2008/10/indoor-play.html

Enjoy!

The La GRange Park District on East Avenue has a great Indoor Park. It's $5 for as many hours as you can stand for ages 3 and up, under three is free. They have a family membership for $68 a year that includes use of their inddor track as well. The open play in Berwyn used to be at their Park District Center which I beleive is East Avenue and 29th Street as well..? Haven't been there in about 5 years since my son was small, but I beleive that was only a couple of dollars. There's also an indoor playground on Ridgeland and Lake street in Oak Park (definately geared to towards the 4 and under group, and that is 2 or 3 dollars as well. The Garfield Park Conservatry has a play area too, and their reccomended donation is $5. They also have various things geared towards families on week days as well. The Stickney Public Library has a group called Parents as Teachers that is free!! It's every Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:30-noon. It's headed by their head librarian, and the Distrit 103 Psychologist. It's great. I take my daughter almost every week. I personally prefer Wednesdays. It's for birth to age 5. They have ffree play with a parent first, then we do stories and songs with the kids, talk about sort of a theme for the week, i.e. one week it was sorting by shape, and ways you could do this at home, and then the last half hour has crafts geared towards their theme, or free play. I find this to be the perfect amount of time for my toddler. It's on Oak Park avenue and 43rd Street. Hope this helps.

Lagrange's park district has a great indoor playground. Your 4 year old will enjoy it. It may be a little to big for your 1 year old. I am not sure of the address or website but if you google it you should be able to find it.
Hope that helps,

is it the newer one on 75th and janes in woodridge?

This isnt in the area's you were talking about but not to far from Oak Park . Monkey Island is a indoor playground (all moon jumps huge jungle gym ) they also even have a area for toddlers . Great Place for sahm's not to crowded during the day on the weekdays . I dont recommend the weekends (to crowded ) Monkey Island is located on 15th and armitage in Melrose Park (by jewel warehouse) Fee $ 8.00 per child 3 and up and adults is 4.00 . They also offer monthly passes .

Hope this helps

K. I believe there is a playland at North Ave & Wolf Rd, I think this may be Northlake, IL.

The gymnastics places all seem to have open gym times. Oak Park Gymnastics has Friday preschool open gym for $5 (I think it's 90 minutes around lunchtime). Tristar in Forest Park has all-ages open gym from 4-5 on Saturdays (also $5). I've heard about an open gym in Berwyn somewhere but haven't tracked that one down.

There's also Wonder Works, which is low-key compared to the DuPage or downtown museums, but a very nice indoor play or playdate option for preschoolers. I really enjoy the laid-back nature of a visit there! And not terribly expensive.

Oakbrook has an indoor pool that has a preschool time on weekdays, I think.

You could also try the River Forest Community Center - they have a climbing thing similar to McDonalds and I have the idea they have public hours although I don't see anything on their website about it.

There is a huge McDonalds with a play place on Ogden Avenue. It's a little bit west of Cass. It's nice if you have older kids that are bored with the play place because there are other activities, video games and such. I was speechless when I saw playstation in a McDonalds!

1 / 3