Mamas ~ Is It Normal to Still Be Really Tired All the Time with a 12 Month Old?

I am 23 years old with a beautiful baby who just turned one, and I am completely exhausted, all the time!! I had some complications during birth and was anemic for the first 3-4 months, but my iron levels are stable now. My lab test results are fine, I get alot of help from my husband.. I am still breastfeeding pretty regularly as my baby often doesn't want to eat food :p hehe My son is pretty chill for a baby his age, though he does run me around for sure. Is it normal to still be really exhausted 24/7 with an older baby? I was the first of my friends and sisters to have a baby, and I don't have any good friends yet who are mothers that I can talk to. What is your experience? Any tips on keeping energy up or having any at all with a baby? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!!

I was exhausted for as long as I was breastfeeding. In my case, 11 months. It took a few months after I stopped, to start feeling better.

yes, I have an 8 yr old and a 5 yr old and I'm tired all the time. Being tired is part of being a mom.

My daughter's almost 2 and I'm exhausted most of the time! A couple of things - do you work? Do you have time to exercise? I work full-time and finding time to exercise is dang near impossible. However, when I do it, I feel SOOO much better. Also, nursing is draining - I'm still nursing, too, but she's down to only two feedings a day. I feel my energy coming back! I don't think it's terribly uncommon - eat lots of protein and cut back on sugar. That's what helps me foodwise. Good luck!

Answer yes it is normal. Especially when breastfeeding. So ick step up cereals, vegetables, fruits and maybe a vitamin with Iron ( it is awful to be anemic so try to prevent that again) and above all take time for yourself.

Make sure you are eating well and getting some exercise. Try to eat as much whole foods as possible, as these are much better source of energy than quick or fast food meals. Especially if you are breastfeeding, which can burn an extra 300-500 calories a day just by itself. Although chasing a one year old around can seem like excercise enough, it's good to take some power walks too to build up endurance...hopefully your little one will like to get outside with you! And a little caffeine here and there doesn't hurt either. I am still nursing, have a cup a day and it hasn't affected her at all and I was pretty much caffeine free the whole pregnancy and her first year.

I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old. I'm always exhausted. I'm pretty sure that it lasts until they go to school.

It would be normal to be exhausted at times, but not all the time. There is probably something lacking nutrition wise.
I am a wellness educator and personal trainer. If you would like to know about the vitamins I recommmend, let me know. When choosing supplements, make sure the company has published peer-reviewed research on their actual products, not just an ingredient in their product.
Believe it or not, exercising could give you more energy also.
Do you ever get a break to have a few hours to yourself?
V.

M.,

If you've ruled out health issues, then yeah, it is normal. :) My 29 month old was a high needs baby and wore me out emotionally and physically til he was about 18 months when he willingly night weaned and really started eating solids.

Our second is a bit easier and sleeps better and just seems to require less.

Good for you for being such an attached parent. You seem to have good intition as a mama. Keep it up...studies show that those children who are really attached to mama, will be creative, independent children later.

Good nutrition and rest when you can! :)

Take care! It's nice to read a post from someone who seems to parent and not try to find the easy way out. It will get easier!

W.

1 / 3