Making My Own Jello Snacks - How Long Will They Keep?

We pack a small lunch for my son for pre-school. Usually I would buy those pre-packaged fruit cups with gel in them. Since we are needing to cut back majorly in our spending - I was thinking of making my own jello with fruit cups. Plus they went up in the store too by 50 cents. If I were to make them on Sunday night - put them in the fridge to keep. How long could I keep them in there for before they go bad? Do you think that they will keep until Thursday?

If you made them in little tupperware, I think that they would last for 4 days just fine...do a little research - some fruits don't allow gelatin to set (I think pineapple is one) so be careful what fruit you put in!

I think they'll keep about week if not longer. I made jello last week (i put it in little cups) Strangely it didn't get eaten w/in two days like normal. I think it stayed in the fridge about a whole week. So yes - they'll be fine for that whole week if you make it Sunday and eat on them all week long. Also - add fruit or marshmallows. Fun.

I have made jello jigglers in silicon rubber icecube trays. If you make gigglers rather then a jello cup they are finger food and hove no need for a spoon. You can get all sorts of fun shapes of trays from ikea. I filled and covered my trays and put them in the fridge to set. When needed I popped them out into a ziplock snack bag. Ours lasted 4 days in the fridge and an mini ice pack is in most lunch kits now, so they should keep until lunch. My friend sprays a LIGHT spray of veggy oil in the icecube trays first to help get them out. I just rinse warm water over the bottom of the tray for a few seconds and they pop out. I have also made a batch of Jello jigglers in a 9x13 glass pan and cut them out into squares.

If you don't like the jiggler idea then rubber maid has snack cups that are a cup. And one even a half a cup I think. There are also little baby food containers that may work for you.

My mom used to make jello salads for dessert and they would hold up for the week.

You could put them in the take and toss containers for kids and have a serving per day. My mom would use carrots and celery and nuts in some (usually either a red or orange flavored jello), or cottage cheese or cream cheese chunks with pineapple, oranges, peaches, etc. My favorites were the ones with veggies and nuts, the rest of my family prefered the cream cheese or cottage cheese with fruit. She usually used the lime jello for this one.

But, they will definitely keep for a week in the fridge. If you freeze some yogurt or water bottle/juice, etc., it should work great for lunchtime.

i would imagine. my bfs mom got us little rubermaid containers that are made for liquids i would just do one of the small packets at a time and then put it in one of those with the fruit they have a screw on lid and they are small enough for a single serving of the jello

I would say until Weds...Here's the thing because you bring up a good point. We should try to freeze them to. That way you take one out and put it into the lunch bag...Probably will still hold until lunctime. My jello mold started to break down after a few days so I don't know if it would work until thurs...so perhaps the freezer.

I made jigglers that lasted a week. Admittedly they were a bit rubbery by then but intact. Jigglers in a mold may last longer than the regular recipe.

Yup. They'll easily last 1 week, but don't put any whipped topping on them until the day of if you're going to at all.

1 / 3