Making My Own Baby Food - Elgin,IL

Hi Moms! My daughter will soon be starting solid foods and I'm wanting to make my own baby food this time around. I've been checking out wholesomebabyfood.com along with other sites to find recipes. My question is, what kind of food processor/puree do you all recommend? I've seen many commericals on t.v for the baby bullet for $80 or buy buy baby has a different one for double the cost. Anyone ever used these? Thanks in advance!

I just used my food processor - cuisinart, I think. It worked perfectly and making the food was super easy.

I just used my blender/food processor or a small strainer(pushed through soft food). I never paid extra cash for "baby" items because this phase leaves quickly and not worth the xtra cash. I'd rather put that money into organic fruits and veggies rather than an item.

Check out the Beaba:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/beaba-babycook-ba...

I just used our mini food processor. Funny, we got Beaba Baby Cook but never used it! Never even took it out of the box! If you have a blender or food processor, save your money for other things if you want. Also hand mashing works great for softer foods. My son is 20mo. but I still make him apple/pear sauce all the time, and hand mash it.

I used my Oster kitchen blender. Worked like a charm! I also used my regular food processor for chunkier variety (more like stage 3 baby food--especially when blending meat). I also tried my food mill (that I use for making normal apple sauce or tomato sauce) and while it worked great,for food consistency, one purpose of the food mill is to keep out the skins/seeds, so I felt like I was wasting so much of the veggies' good fiber since the skins weren't getting through. That's when I switched to the blender.

I do keep seeing those commercials for the Baby Bullet and it looks really nice for someone who doesn't already have a good blender.

If you do happen to use an Oster blender, if you can find a smaller jar, it will work even better to get a good consistent blend for baby food more like the Magic/Baby Bullet (unless you're doing large quantities, in which case nevermind).

We bought a Dex baby. I am pretty sure it was about $30 and it is fine. It is easier to scrape small volumes out of than our mini Cuisinart. We generally steamed/cooked food before pureeing (or of course most fruits are served raw) and we froze in ice cube trays for convenient serving sizes so we didn't need all the other attachments. Good luck. I think it is a much better way for baby to learn about tastes/foods than jarred bf. If you have ever tried the stuff - gross :( . Good luck.

I tried many other tools before stumbling on the kitchen aid food chopper by accident. I liked it because you can make bite sized portions or puree food depending on how long you chop the food. Thus, it can be used to make starter foods or finger foods. After baby isn't a baby anymore, it can be used in your kitchen for herbs or garlic. It's just under 15.00.

http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-Food-Chopper-White/dp/B0...

I used a mini food processor that worked out great for the quantities I was making. I am sure that I paid less than $30 and never bothered to strain anything.

i would just get a food processer (pretty much the same thing but can be used for making multupul things) and a fine mesh strainer to make sure its smooth

I bought a $5 food grinder from KMART it worked great it was in the baby section hand crank.

1 / 3