Making Meal for Someone Else.

Hello ! i am supposed to make a meal for a couple at our church that just had a baby. However to be honest i am not a very good cook but i want to impress them. Also they are very picky picky eaters they do not like alot of vegetables. PLEASE HELP.

Thank you everyone for all of your responses it was great getting new ideas even for dinners for my own family.
I ended up just ordering them pizza and breadsticks and having it delivered to there house, just because there baby was still in the NICU and they were running alot anyways so it was convienent and worked out for both of us.

I suggest to order them a pizza delivered to their home. I would have loved to have that when any of my kids were born, and you don't have to make a thing. The nice thing for them is that they don't have to heat something up either. It's right there hot and now. Gotta love delivery!

I have been cooking since I was 10 and got A job in food service at age 16 (im 34 now) and think the web sight cooks.com is great!!!! just type the recipe you want.

I always make homemade macaroni and cheese when I make meals for other people. It's always a huge success and easy to make.

Hi Jen,
This maybe be unconventional but what I do when I make a meal for someone (about once a month...for my moms club) is I make meatball hoagies with potato chips, a salad and chocolate chip cookies. I make the meatballs, the only thing a make well, or you can buy frozen already cooked meatballs (Mama Luigi's are good). I get Amoroso rolls, about 1/2 dozen, and if using my meatballs, I cut them in half and put three halves on a roll with sauce, or if using the frozen meatballs put three whole meatballs on and shredded mozzerella cheese. Make sure you heat up the meatballs in sauce first, for at least 30 minutes. Wrap them in foil and tell the couple to heat them in the oven at 220 degrees for 20 minutes. Make up a salad, buy a bag of chips and use the break away and bake cookies and that's it. It does seem more like lunch but I get a lot of compliments about this meal, and sometimes kids are more likely to eat it then the "mystery casseroles" some people make. Hope this is helpful, thank you for helping!!!

I make a pot roast for my family when I have to work evenings that's very easy, and you can delete the vegetables if you want. Buy a 2-2 1/2 pound chuck roast, put it in a 9 x 13 pan and put cut carrots, cut potatoes and cut onions around it (or leave them out). Then sprinkle a packet of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix over it and pour 1/2 cup water over it. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 3-3 1/2 hours. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices. Hope it works out for you.

A Pot Roast is usually quick easy and almost foolproof.

We add cut up potatoes, carrots and sometimes celery to ours.

Toss the roast in pan with an onion for taste (or a packet of onion soup). Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Bake until done.

We usually throw ours into the pot frozen. It adds a little juice. Seems to baste itself that way. But it works really well for unfrozen meat as well.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

I never know what to make either.

lasanga is a staple and pretty easy if you follow the directions on the noodle box and use enough liquid.

Shredded Barbeque chicken or beef in the crock pot would be easy if you work.

You could always buy a rotisseri chicken and then make your own desert to go with it.

I can imagine that you would love to bring a very impressive main dish, but i feel like if you include lots of other goodies, like a salad- either greens or something like macaroni salad, Buns/rolls/ or a loaf of bread, and an impressive dessert, which you can all buy pre-made, then the overall dinner looks impressive even if you haven't made lobster bisque as the main dish.

Besides the most important thing is that you are bringing them dinner and THey don't have to cook!!!

oh, just thought of one more thing. We have a place called Super Suppers where you can go and they have all the ingredients and you assemble the dish and take it home to bake or freeze, I think they also have premade meals you can purchase or gift certificates. It think it's a little pricey but the convience factor is AWESOME.

Good luck and don't worry so much about it being perfect.

On the back of a box of minute rice there is an easy recepie for chicken and rice baked in one dish. I believe all you need is 4 breasts of chicken, minute rice and campbells cream of chicken soup. Hope this helped! Good Luck!
Chris

I think that lasagna would be a great idea. I always make lasagna rolls. You can make them ahead of time a freeze them. Just take out as many as you need, dump some sauce on them, and bake. Some lasagna rolls, a loaf of italian bread, and bag of salad mix, sounds yummy to me.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lasagna-Roll-Ups/Detail.aspx

I would use crumbled italian sausage or ground beef instead of the tofu.

H.

casseroles are a big one to bring to anyone for an event or couple. Chili is another. You could go to foodnetwork.com and find many recipes that are quick and easy.

Best of luck.

1 / 3