Makeup Trouble

Hello Ladies
I know that most of you on here who do wear makeup have some of the problems that Im having right now finding that one foundation for your skin type, so let me just get right down to my story of bad foundation....
I have had such a problem latley finding a cover up foundation that is mineral or that matches my skin tone perfectly so that it doesnt look like im wearing much make up or any at all and one that doesnt affect the way my skin is already
I have very dry skin and acne on my face that isnt to bad but is hard to find some thing that wont cake or make me orange or pale or sometimes i feel like my face is burning when I put foundation on so I have to wipe it off right away.
I have olive skin witch is somewhat on the light side and everytime I find a make up it makes me orange or to pale
I have tried cover girl and
loreal I love there products but they are expensive and I cant afford them any more plus I find them not a good product for my skin type
and right now im using physicans formula witch I find to heavy and it makes my skin look
worse it supposed to be for sensitive skin like mine but I dont find it to be that way I find myself orange and cakey like my face is about to peel right off and it burns my skin.
I would love to find one foundation for my sensitive skin type that doesnt make me look orange or to pale and some what hide the little acne that I have and some of my red spots and also one that wont cloge my pores and make my skin worse .
I go on most of the websites to get my true color but sometimes its wrong and im sick of doing that and wasting money on bad products. I just want to find one product that I can stick with permantley and not change ever again that works for my sensitve sking type
does anyone have any ideas on proudcts for me that arent expensive ones
I would greatly appreciate your tips and advice on this please....
Thank you

Nicole Miller is great. It is not sold in the retail stores, so you have to have a membership to the wellness company to get it. I love it, because you have a 60-day empty bottle satifaction money back guarantee. If you need more information email me.

Hi S.:

I have a similar problem but with light to medium skin. I also tried Physicians Formula and it agrivated my skin. I finally found mineral makeup from Nicole Miller. It is a powder and I am finding I don't have to use much. I even found the color blends into my skin much better.

I use Bare Escentuals mineral makeup and absolutely love it. I've had 3 friends and my mom switch to it after seeing how it looked on my skin and they all love it too. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long, long way. It's got great coverage and although they have an automatic delivery set up, you can just tell them you do not want automatic delivery and they won't do it. Some of my initial shipment, cause they send you foundation, blush, and top powder lasted me over a year because it is used so sparingly although regularly. Give it a try. It's a really great product and they have all different shades and you can even mix them at home to get a lighter or darker shade depending on the seasons. I've tried other OTC but nothing stood up to them in quality.

i haven't read the other replies so hopefully not redundant. have you tried a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation? It simply blends in, with light coverage and gives you a healthy glow. never cakey.one of the best i've tried is available at target - boots #7 tinted moisteriser.

http://www.target.com/Boots-Soft-Sheer-Tinted-Moisturizer...

my advice is skip foundation & head for tinted moisturizer. i've also heard laura mercier makes a great tinted moisturizer - available at sephora.

I know that you said you didn't want to spend a lot of money but I think that Bare Essentials(some call it Bare Minerals) is the best makeup I have ever tried. It is a bit more expensive but lasts a long time. I only have to buy it once a year. I use a small amount almost every day. It is light and doesn't look like I have makeup on. Looks very natural. I highly recommend it. You can find it at Sephora.

call your local Mary Kay rep, they have tons of colors and will sample it for you, and if you don't like it they will take it back. If you are in RI or nearby MA, I can give you a name.

If you haven't tried Bare Escentuals I highly recommend it. I have combo/oily acne prone skin, and this is the first make up that I have tried that doesn't cause me to break out. It provides excellent coverage and you cannot FEEL it on your face. They have a pretty good variety of shades as well.
It is a bit on the pricey side, but a large jar of foundation can last a year or more, so when you break it down like that it is really quite reasonable.

Hello S.,

Try MAC mineral makeup. It is at the south shore plaza and you can try on any shade before you purchase it. I also think you should treat your dry skin. Are you washing with a harsh cleanser? Try something made for dry/sensitive skin. Also use a toner (NOT an astringent) which will bring your skins ph back to normal after you wash. The ph balance is your skins key to a natural barrier. After toning, use a thick moisturizer for dry/sensitive skin. Use products for sensitive skin because they will have less fragrance and irritants. You could even go organic with your skincare...shaw's wildharvest section.

good luck

What ever make up you choose first apply aquaphor, a very small amount on your freshly washed face. Initally it feels greasey, but it absorbs quickly and won't irritate your skin. Bare minerals powder is awesome once you find your shade, you probably won't need cover up which will cake up your pores. Cover Girl mineral powder is good. You must get a quality kabuki brush, the brush the provides stinks. Go online to watch the bare minerals video on how to apply mineral make up

I sell Avon products and we have a Smooth Mineral line of products including foundations, blush duos, eye shadows, etc. Customers love these products because they feel and look natural yet hide imperfections in your skin.
If you're interested please visit my web site at
www.youravon.com/mmarrocco.

I sell Avon... maybe I can help you! e-mail me at ____@____.com

1 / 3