Makeup (Foundation) on Son's White Shirt ...HELP ! ! !

My son got my coverup foundation all over his white shirt... its not the powdeer kind, but not a liquid (i'm not a big makeup girl). I tried to get it out Shout, but that didn't work... I haven't bleached it, because i itsn't a pure white shirt and I haven't put it in the dryer yet. I don't have a lot of money to try a lot of products but if they are home remedies or fairly cheap... please let me know...my son needs all the clothes he can get. Im also not sure if i should wash it is cold or warm water....

I found a product that to me works the best. Its called Shout Advanced, it comes in a small spray bottle. It's meant to get out set in stains that have been there for awhile and maybe dried in stains. I have used it on everything from grass stain to blood and it usually gets the stains out for me. You might try that, good luck!

I have always had really good luck with liquid era, the regular one, not with bleach. I usually put it right on the spot and scrub with a toothbrush. let it sit for a while the run under warm water, check it and sometimes i need to srub again. p.s. how old is your son, might be able to come up with some clothes

M.,

I have used bleach on off-white items with my white and they did not turn white. (mixing the bleach in the water first) I would suggest you just wash the shirt with your whites and used bleach. I know that I have gotten stains out this way. Or you could just soak it in a little bleach water. The worst is your shirt will just be a little whiter. I guess it depends on how much you want to remove the make up. Best of luck

Cold water wash until it comes out. Do not dry it until it comes out. Try a cold water and baking soda soak then scrub it with baking soda and a tooth brush before running it through the wash on cold. Just your regular detergent left to soak on it usually does the same thing as shout. If nothing works call your local cleaner, turn up the tears, and beg for some free advice... they're usually more helpful then you'd think! Good luck.

White toothpaste works wonders, you can use it for all sorts of stuff. Just put a dab on the stain and scrub it. If you can find it, Simple Green is also very good.

I finally applied a mixture of Dawn and OxyClean to the stain and then (with the Dawn/OxyClean mixture still on the stain) rubbed with my ancient bar of fels naptha soap. The stain disappeared before my eyes!!!

C. in CA

Clorox Bleach Pen

They are relatively inexpensive, you can get them almost anywhere, and you can easily apply bleach only where you need it. If the make-up is oil based put Dawn dishwashing liquid directly on the stain and scrub it with a brush. Goop also works well on greasy/oily stains. Oxyclean is another option if you can find it.

I always use soft scrub with bleach on my kids white clothes when they get stains on them. I put it on the stain and depending on what color of white the shirt on I will leave it on for anywhere from 1-5 mins. After I let it set I rinse the shirt off with cold water to see if the stain came out. If not I put more on. After I see that the stain is gone I wash and dry like normal. Good luck!

1 / 3