Lunch Menu for a 4 Year Old Birthday Party

Hello! Next weekend we are celebrating my DS's 4th birthday with a family party. The only kids will be my own (4 and 17 mths) along with 10 other adults. Any ideas on what to serve for lunch? The theme is Busytown (Richard Scarry books) so I don't necessarily need anything to go with the theme. In the past we have served pizza and deli sandwiches. Thanks!

Heck, even for adults tacos are so easy!

You can do a lot of the prep ahead of time (shredding the lettuce, chopping tomatoes, etc), brown the ground beef, add the taco seasoning, and put it in a crock pot to keep it warm.

Everyone can fix it to their tastes... have plenty of hard shells and flour tortillas on hand (some prefer a soft taco). Other additions could be refried beans, queso and chips, salsa....

Italian Beef Sandwiches are easy and always a hit! Let me know if you want an easy recipe :)

for my kids party this summer we had Walmart chicken(the best) Pasta salad,potaoe,salad,cole slaw,and a fruit salad. For my baby's 1st bday we had pizza ,chicken salad sandwiches on crossants,pasta salad,friut salad and chips. Ask your son what he wants to eat at his party see if it's possible. Parties are a pain when it comes to food planning I feel. I just would like to have cake and icecream but my husband and his parents would have a nervous breakdown! Have fun whatever you decide!

Remember a lot of parents are looking for their kids to eat healthy foods. Others had great ideas with taco bars, sandwiches fruit etc.

I like the taco idea! Sounds fun and like malia b said everyone can fix them how they like. You can even make them for the little ones by making cheese roll ups. And you can add some Mexican sides like rice or beans. Enjoy your sons party!

We've done a taco bar, pulled pork sandwiches, and shredded beef sandwiches. All were easy. I'm thinking lasagna for this year.

1 / 3