Lunch Ideas for My Husband

What do your husbands take in their lunches? My husband works outside all year round. He wants me to start packing him a lunch and I have no idea what to put in other than sandwiches and chips. He is no help he just says sandwiches and stuff! I used to pack him a lunch and he said I didn't pack a good one so I stopped.Its been about 4 years since I have made one for him. I am sick of hearing him periodically complain that I don't do anything for him and he is sick of watching all the other guys eat sweet lunches! He could have made his own lunch all this time but thats not what he wants to hear he wants to complain about me and I am no longer giving him little things to complain about. It's an experinment to see if he is nasty because of me or because he is a nasty person. ANYWAY this was not supposed to turn into a rant just a question. I do not however want advice on my marraige just lunch ideas so if you have no ideas pleas move on to the next question! Thanks!

Well thank you all for your ideas.
To all of you who said he should pack his own...I agree but I am tired of fighting,
He repairs bridges so he has no fridge and no microwave wich is why I am clueless when I worked I always had both or I worked in a restraunt
I did ask what a sweet lunch was and he walked out of the room..lol so he will be getting whatever I give him and if he likes it he likes it if he doesn't then we can go another four years of no lunches and he can spend all his money on takeout

Maybe get a big ole thermos and send soups, chilis, stews?

Or hand him 5 bucks on his way out the door tell him to buy his own sweet lunch, psh!

:)

I am lucky, my husband takes what i cooked for dinner the night before. His work has a microwave. My sisters hubands work outside. They have contests who can pack the biggest, best sandwiches for their husbands....lol! (they work together)

If you get a good thermos you can heat up leftover dinners and have him take that for lunch. If it's a good thermos the things should stay warm. Soups are great for the winter with a sandwich.

He sounds like he REALLY needs to pack his own lunch!

I pack my husband left overs from dinner the night before. When I cook, I make sure I make enough to pack him a lunch for the next day. When I don't cook the night before, I fix lunch meat sandwiches, subs, a piece of fruit, a slice of cake if I have made one, and bottle of water or soda (which ever one he wants, sometimes both).
Occasionally I surprise my husband with lunch. I show up at his work place with KFC or Hardee's. (The two places he loves the most). But that is on rare occasions.

He can pack his own.
My Husband does.
He takes left overs, or makes himself sandwiches.
Or sometimes he does not bring anything and buys lunch.
It is up to him.
He is a grown up.
He is a Man.
My Husband, has no problem, making his own lunch. Its no big deal to him.

Your Husband... needs to do it himself.
He is not a child.
He is being mean about it, to you.
How dare he, compare you to the other wives.

Tell him, "I" said, that my Husband makes his own lunches.
HE is perfectly fine with that and mature.
He is a grown-up.

I think, your Husband is just nasty.
NOT because of you.
He has to grow-up.
Geez, what kind of example is he making for your kids???
If you have a daughter, I would NOT want my daughter, to think that all men are that way. Ugh.

As for lunch ideas... well your Husband is PICKY.
Nothing seems good enough for him.
And each person has their own preferences and tastes.
So, this is ground zero.
HE has to participate, in feeding himself.

You will need some important tools of the lunch from home trade. A hot thermos for food. You don't indicate if he has access to a microwave.

Today I made my husband wraps for lunch. Today they had turkey, honey ham and cheese. I made him two. You just take an Ortega tortilla, smear his favorite condiment in the middle of it, then the cheese, then the meat and the fold the ends and roll it up. Wrap in plastic wrap and the in aluminum foil. I have also done chicken fajitas for lunch and you can actually wrap anything in there and your seasonings and sauces help bring a different flavor to it. So you could do strips of steak or chicken with onions with salsa and that would have a very different flavor than black beans and cheese or lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, with blue cheese dressing and chicken salad on a tortilla. We also like pita bread for the same purpose but that bread is different than the tortilla but just as good.

Hot food thermoses are great because they hold the heat of the food. You follow their specific warming instructions, heat up the food, then put the food in there. It will stay hot for a long time.

Also make certain you have a lunch bag that can handle the weather. One that keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. some of them now have two separate compartments and you can add the frozen packet to help keep cold things cold.

My husband is fond of leftovers but I usually make him think there is none left and then surprize him with something delicious two days after he at it the first night. Makes him very happy along with how often I tell him and show him how much I respect him. It doesn't mean we don't have our squabbles or arguments but I shower him with respect and he showers me with love.

Pudding snacks ~Sweet~ I bet thats what the other guys have in their lunch ;-) LMAO

Okay this made me chuckle a little bit! If you don't pack a good one then maybe he should pack his own :) Or, ask him what "sweet lunches" means.

I pack our family's lunches and it includes lunch and two snacks. The lunch is usually a salad with tons of vegetables and a protein (grilled chicken or beans), fruit, yogurt. The snacks are combinations of carb/fat/protein such as a cheese stick and almonds, a banana and peanut butter, cheddar cheese and an apple, hummus and green pepper strips.

I SHOULD SAY: I come from a big family, my two brothers are 10 and 12 year older then I. When I was 12-13 years old and my sister in laws were having children, I would spend summers with my brothers and because their wives needed rest and my brothers got up early (4:30 - 5 AM), I would get up, make coffee, fix breakfast and make lunches. I loved them so and all these years later, I still do and I love those mornings, when I got to spend time with just me and my brothers.

We celebrated my oldest brother and his wife's 50th anniversary last summer, and one of the sweetest things my sister in law said to me is that even though she had not always shown it, she really loved me. Sometime it just takes a long time...but that was OK with me, because I always knew my big brothers loved me.

When I was married, they both walked me down the isle!

Blessings.....

Put one of those frozen ice packs in the bottom of his lunch container.

This is an INSTEAD of a sandwich lunch:

Fruit salad w/coconut and tiny marshmellows with a touch of mayo or miracle whip (something like ambrosia)

Couple boxes of yogurt (if he likes it)

Tuna salad, sliced roast beef, turkey, homemade meatloaf or some dried salami and cheese cubes and nice crackers (You know what he likes)

A tomato quartered, carrot and celery sticks w/some ranch dip or Itilian(or his favorite)- small container of cottage cheese (if he likes it)

A couple of hard boiled eggs

When it's cold a wide-mouth thermos of soup, chili or stew (again home made if you can)...if you can't there are plenty of good products out there.

If your man doesn't like that, he should be taking care of his own lunch.

Blessings....

Make sure you have salt and peppers, napkins, and utensils (I pick up real utensils and cloth napkins at yard sales, so it won't matter if he forgets to put them back in the bag.

Some nice cookies, a piece of cake or pie (home made if you can)

left overs are a big hit. does he have access to a microwave at work?
i make these awesome asparagus and stuffing stuffed pork chops that are super easy and quick. and great for a packed lunch the next day.
just butte fly a thick pork chop, throw in some fresh asparagus and some stuffing, close and bake at 350 till finished. minimal mess too. or maybe walking tacos?

1 / 3