Lump Under Nipple

Hi ladies.. Okay, I need some feedback. My 9 year old daughter has had a sore left nipple for about 2 weeks. Tonight I was looking at it and it looked swollen and bruised a little and I felt of it and I felt a lump right underneath her nipple!!!

She's a small frame, and does not have breast buds yet, unlike when my oldest was 9. Anyone had any experience with this???

Im going to call the doc tomorrow,, but I thought if someone could ease my fears tonight, that would be great!!!

Thanks to all you wonderful ladies who eased my mind. We went to the pediatrician and basically she's starting to blossom. Or in my daughters words "she's getting chi chi's" haha...

You all were a big help. Thanks again!!!!

D., when my oldest daughter was about that age she had a similar problem, when we went to the doctor I told her that, one side was warmer then the other, I believe that the doctor then decided to give her an antibiotic and the problem cleared up.

Hi! I know how scory that must be, but dont assume the worst! My neice(4) had a lump under her nipple, it was only a begnign cyst and was successfully removed...she's now happy and healty!! Good luck to you!

Hi D., it could be a swollen lymph node. Best to have it checked. I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

Blessing,

Go to the doctor. With all the hormones they put in foods, it could be anything, but you need to know exactly what it is so you can start to treat it.

Good luck and God Bless

While it is most likely something as simple as a blemish or bug bite of some sort, please get your daughter to the doctor immediately for an exam. There is a very serious type of breast cancer that starts out looking like a bruise or bug bite. Take it seriously. You sound like you already are. :)

I would definitely go see the dr to make sure and to clear your mind but my child had that and they said it was hormones starting and it soon went away just like they said.
9 is a little young but you know they put all of those hormones in the milk and in the meat to swell it and make it more..... so they say that is why the little girls are having breast at age 8, 9, and 10 and starting their periods early. That is the main reason I buy the organic milk for my little girl now so I can cut out all those hormones.
Anyway, I hope that it doesn't turn out to be anymore but that sure is what the dr told me about the knot under the breast. It happens in males as well as females.

Hi D.,
By all means take her to the dr. to find out for sure. It might not be anything, but at 2 yrs old, my daughter had that also. At that time, the dr said it was milk gland ducts getting a little stopped up. I didn't understand that then, why would her milk gland ducts be doing anything at that age was my question? But he assured me it was common thing with little girls. It did go away with hot compress treatments. Then at 9 yr. it came back again. I wasn't as scared that time, but took her to the dr. anyway to be sure. It was very sore to her, and the dr. said it was her hormones starting to fluctuate. Not to worry and use hot compresses again. It went away that time too. He also told me, usually if it was sore it was not too much to worry about, but obviously keep an eye on it. So try not to worry too much, but get it checked out by a professional. I'd rather be safe than sorry, but most likely it won't be anything to worry about. Keep us posted what you find out.

A most common cause of this is a swollen lymph node, which can be treated often with a warm compress (warm moist heat). Always a good idea to check out though.

Hi D.,

If you have some type of drawing salve, put some on a small bandage and apply it to the area until the swelling goes down. Or you can use green clay, or a shredded potato poltice. should take a few days to notice a difference. It is probably just an infection in the nipple itself. My daughter(who is now a mom herself) used to have that problem once in ahwile. It was nothing serious.

~R.~ PS...contrary to popular belief, it is very unwise to subject your daughter, or any child, to antibiotics of any kind.

1 / 3