Lump Under Armpit?? Can Anyone Help Me??

hello - i was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a reoccuring (maybe never really leaving) lump under either of their armpits? since about July I have had a lump under my armpit - and i have been on several antibiotics and they may reduce the swelling briefly but never permamently - and in recent weeks its actually gotten worse - now the lump is bigger than its ever been and it, and my arm and entire underarm area are constantly sore - and even more sore when its aggitated and/or aggravated. Its also warm to the touch. I have also been nasueous and had the "chills" for several weeks.

I went to the dr today and they drew blood, and have me scheduled to see a surgeon and are going to get an ultrasound done as well - but i am going to "the dark places" with everything it could be - and since the dr doesn't really know what it is - that isn't really very reassuring.

I just was hoping that someone else had been through this and its something really simple and common or something...

can any one help me?

S. w.

I am so sorry to hear about your lump. About 2 years about, I thought I found a lump on my left breast, so I went for a mammographam. I left out the door and later received a later stating that something on the test requires further testing. I went to my doctor and he sent me to a surgeon. The surgeon wanted to take out the lumps that were under my arm. They call the lumps under you arm lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are in your neck, under your arm and in the groin. They generally respond to an infection, so that's why you were given anti-biotics. I would recommend that you pray and do research on lymph nodes to get an idea of their function. Prayerful, there was no finding from the (3) lymph nodes that were found under my arm, but I was very scared as well. Please keep us posted on your results

about 3 months my father in law who is in his late 70s found a large lump under his arm.low and behold it was cancer related.today it is the sz of a xl egg and quite painfull.it has gotten to the point where he just cant lower his rt arm.the dr says it cant be removed because he will die.so what ever u do dont ignore ur problem seek any medical treatment that u cant because it can cost u ur life .good luck and my god bless u

Not that I'm a doctor or anything but it sounds like what my brother had as a teenager....Cat Scratch Fever. My brother had surgery to remove the lump (under the armpit) and is doing fine. Keep us updated on your condition and hope you find relief soon. Take care.

Dear S. my sister had this same problem with a reaccuring boil. They tried everything untill they discovered tht it was a problem with the ducts under her armpits. they took a biospy of the lump too make sure it wasn't cancerous and thankfully it wasn't. So what they did was go in and remove the ducts from underneath her underarms and she hasn't had this problem since. That was almost 3yrs ago. So maybe suggest that they check ur ducts under ur arm. I hope that all turns out well for u! Won't hurt too check.

I had the EXACT same thing! I went through blood work, mammograms, chest CT's and numerous exams. They found that it was from shaving. It was a lymph node that became inflamed when I would nick the skin with my razor and then apply deoderant. The things that I do now (aside from having lazer hair removal which I am having done soon) is to ALWAYS use a fresh razor on your armpits, use bacitracin ointment immediately after shaving, and wait about 8 hours after shaving before applying deoderant.
My doctor explained to me that a cancerous lump is not painful and does not come and go. This made me feel a little better. But, your absolulely correct for getting all these tests done anyways. Try doing some of these other things as well with shaving.
Hang in there!

Since you have cats, let the doctor know. I had a friend who got "cat scratch fever" and was relieved to be diagnosed with that rather than something more serious..... She had a lump too and the doctor scared her that it might be cancer.. but it was cat scratch fever (don't know the medical name) and it was cured with antibiotics.

If I were you, and this is just me speaking, I would get a second opinion and seek some type of xray. There is a myth that if the lump hurts it is not cancer (sorry to sound morbid just clarifyling truth). My Aunt (my fathers sister) had a lump under her arm, it hurt terribly, her whole arm hurt too (just last April). She ended up with cancer and has been undergoing chemo. She had cancer as a teen too and beat it and now in her 40's she has it again and is only allowed so much chemo. Ok, on a brighter note, it may also be a cyst? I had one and it did hurt. My advice is go to a specialist, have xrays done and find out what it truly is before you assume. Get every test done becaue you never know. Better to be safe rather than driving yourself crazy.
Please, keep us posted and know you are in my prayers!

Please continue with your doctors testing. That being said, Lumps that are painful typically are not cancer. Let us know what happens.

1 / 3