Lower Abdominal Vibrations in Pregnancy

I am 33 1/2 weeks pregnant in my 3rd pregnancy. I was wondering if anyone has ever felt a vibration in their lower abdomen before. I didn't in my first 2 pregnancies. I have a week until my next OB appointment and I was wondering if it was something that I should call about sooner. It started a couple of days ago and I thought it was my cell phone at first. I have it set to vibrate before it rings. The vibrations only last 2-5 seconds and they are sporadic. The baby is moving well and I am only having a few braxton hicks contractions now. Everything in the pregnancy has gone perfectly. Thank you all in advance for your help.

It could be muscle spasms. I had them with my little girl, mostly in the back though.
It also could be that the baby is stretching and you know how sometimes they kind of shake when they stretch? You could be feeling that. I would definitely ask my dr about any and every little think that you think is different than you have experienced in the past. Don't hesitate.

I have not had the sensation of vibrations that you describe, but you might want to keep the cell phone away from your body right now. Cell phones emit radiation in the microwave range, and they can be fairly strong at close range. I would not want to expose my baby to this kind of radiation, especially if the phone is very close.

I would try to avoid cell phones, and keep the phone turned off while I am not using it, especially when carrying the phone close to the body.

This is probably not related to the vibration, though.

You should ask your ob on your next visit but I belive your baby has the hiccups. this is very common my daughter had them as well.

My only other thought to add to this is that your placenta could be in the front. I do know that when the placenta is in the front, when the baby kicks and moves, it's more of a muted feeling than a strong thump. I don't know if this is what you are feeling, but its a possiblity as well.

LOL! I had the same thing in my 2nd pregnancy (but not my first.) I was weirded out at first, then talked to several other Moms that had experienced it as well....others had never felt it or ever heard of it! One of my Doctors (the oldest at the practice with the most deliveries under his belt!) called them 'the baby shakes' and said it was normal, just the muscles and uterus getting ready for delivery and having a few spasms. I wouldn't worry too much unless they become VERY frequent, painful or begin to feel like cramps. Good Luck!

Your baby has gas. Nothing to worry about.

I had the same thing with my daughter, who is now 15 months old and healthy, so it's probably nothing to worry about. But, if you are worried, call the doc so you don't have to stress for the next week.

I had this with my first pregnancy...it actually started the day of my baby shower...and lasted off and on for the last month and a half...Apparently the baby lands on a nerve or something and it causes that vibration. It is a VERY strange sensation...half the moms looked at me like I was crazy, but fortunately my friend Caroline had experienced the same thing.

1 / 3