Low or No Iron Prenatal Vitamins

Hi all. Question on prenatal vitamins. I am looking for a brand that has no or low iron, as I am iron "sufficient" and would like to reduce some of the stomach problems from the higher iron supplements. Any ideas would be great! I've tried Whole Foods, Walgreens and the internet, but no luck. Wondering if it will require a prescription...

Thanks everyone! I had forgotten about GNC and drugstore.com (must be "mommy brain"). Found some great options and checked out a lot of the brands you suggested. Thanks again!

K.,

I to need to take a low or no iron prenatal vit as well. I found a brand GNC Prenatal Vitamins without iron. I buy it in bulk like 3 or 4 through drugstore.com for like 40 dollars or so with shipping and handling. These have worked good for me. Very gentle on the stomach. Hope this helps.

The gummy vitamins on Drugstore.com don't have iron.

I did some kids chewable for my tummy, that's a good idea. Definitely add the Folic Acid! whole foods sells in a 400mg Also I broke my supplements up. These all come in liquid forms that I would mix in juice (orange or apple for vitamin C) one at a time throughout the day, or sometimes a few together- Calcium Magnesium supplement, Chlorophyl, liquid minerals, acidophilus (capsule/or chewable), vitamin E (capsule or tablet), flax oil or omega 3 oil (liquid or capsule). Also, it is my impression that as baby grows bigger and you are making more tissue and fluid your body will use and need more iron... even if you are sufficient now...good to have it in there- your body takes 30 days to produce iron so slow and steady is better than trying to cram it in at the end- an easily digestible form I found for me (also a lot of B vit) was Floradex's Iron and Herbs.
Good Diet did a lot for me, I could never take a prenatal vitamin until midway through the pregnancy and we were just fine!
Your body (nature) is SMART. Listen to it and your baby, you know what is best for you guys.

I can't tolerate multivitamins because of the iron. Both my regular dr and ob dr's have told me to take Flinstone vitamins. The ones that say complete have iron in them and do the same to me, besides not tasting great. My dr recommended the Flinstones with vitamin C. If you need some iron my dr also said I could take one Flinstones with C and one Flinstones with iron.

Look at Flinstone's chewables labels. I think taking two of them is one prenatal vitamin. They don't taste bad and they come in an iron form. I never had a problem with those making me sick even though the other ones I did get sick.

Prenate's made me sick also- blah! I actually ate jalepeno's to counter act the morning sickness- until I got wise enough to get off of them and take my regular vitamins. And I took folic acid for 2 years before I got pregnant and continued those through out the pregnancy. We are both fine- and I didnt' even feed my son iron formula- and he is still fine :)

K.,

Hi K.
I'm a wellness coach.
Many of my colleagues use vitamins from our Int. Nutrition company for their prenatal vitamins. They are pharm. grade, water sol so quick dissolve, taken 3x/day for best absorption and have 2mg iron in them. Their pregnancies are exceptional as far as health- in fact one of our major Docs is an OB doc.
If you want to know more, email me with momsource in the subject line and I"ll send you more info.
I can't use this avenue to promote with sites.
About me: 48 yo med. prof, mom to 8 yo twin girls.

B. j ____@____.com

My doctor just had me stay on my regular vitamin and add extra folic acid. We both were very healthy throughout!

1 / 3