Lots of Pressure from Twins@ 34 Weeks. Diliated or Just Pressure?

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my twin boys(fraternal) and the pressure is almost unbearable. Has anyone had pain from so much pressure being pregnant with twins that it hurt to walk around? I wonder if I have diliated some or if the pain is from so much pressure. My vagina hurts but I'm not cramping. Has anyone experenced this when they were pregnant with twins? I see the doctor Friday but I want to know if anyone else had or has this problem.

You may possibly have dialated. Sound almost like round ligament pain though to. I had my twin girls at 34 1/2 weeks. I had mine early due to toxemia (sp). I was 1 cm. dilated when I was 24 weeks pregnant. I was on bedrest to after that. You are far enough along to give birth and have healthy babies. Don't be surprised if your told you are ready to deliver when you go on Friday. Good luck!! I love having twins. They are my only children.

I was so big, that for the last month that I was pregnant with my twins, I needed someone to help me walk even to the bathroom. It was very uncomfortable, and sleeping? NONE. I think what your feeling is very normal. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, and congratulations on your twins. My identical boys will be 3 in June.
Bye, R.

Yes, you are not alone. When I was about as far along as you, I started to worry about the pressure I felt with my twins. I swore that I was diliated, and when I went to the doctor, he said I was completely intact. He also told me that it was par for the course with twins at this point of the pregnancy. I didn't have and cramping and he told me just to try to stay off my feet as much as possible. Actually he told me to lie down as much as possible so that gravity didn't work against me. If you have cramping or any other changes, then call your doctor. But you are in the very uncomfortable stages of carrying twins. Don't worry though...it will pass!

I didn't have twins but did have a 9 lb 5 oz baby and I had LOTS of pressure. Just as you, it was very hard to walk around. My last month I basically layed around in the bed. I don't think you have anything to worry about. But it wouldn't hurt to inform your dr about it.

Hi. I had this problem when I was pregnant with my son (and it was not twins) and it was just so horrible. I could barely get out of bed. I would complain to my husband that I felt like my crotch was going to fall to the floor. I never had cramps just constant pressure and pain in my vagina. It would get worse if I was on my feet a lot so I tried to rest and prop my feet up as much as possible. I didn't have this problem with my daughter (and she was only 4 oz less) so I'm not sure if it was something with the way my son was laying or that he was dropping into position. I would ask your dr about it on friday just to make sure but I know it is a common problem (esp w/ twins or heavy babies). Good Luck.

Hey I had my first child I was in the same amout of pain. I know it hurts but you should just go into the er that you are not use to and get them to check things out. Say that you have not felt the baby kick or whatevr in a good min and let them just do an exam. So that you will know everything is ok.... If it keeps on just stay on a lot of bed rest for ya self. I had a set of twins.... And man when I was pregant with them I was in so much prusser I thouth I ws going to die. But I know that everything will be ok for ya....

Hi A.. Bless your heart. You're almost to the end. I have fraternal twin boys that are 12 weeks old now. Carrying them during pregnancy was the hardest thing I've ever done. I had the pressure in that area too. I was not dialated any. My doctor just kept telling me that I would feel better after I had them. It's just a big load to carry. I never dialated until the night I went into labor with them. I had them at 35 weeks 6 days. I know the pressure is overwhelming. Hang in there. You're almost there. Twins are such a joy to have.

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, not twins. At 33 weeks I had awful pain when I walked around. It was especially painfull if I had been sitting down for awhile and went to stand up. I just wanted to hold the bottom of my belly and it hurt around the bladder area. I called my doctor after about 4 days of the pain, and she told me to check myself in to be monitored to make sure nothing had changed. Sure enough, I was 3 cm dilated, with steady contractions every 5 min. The baby had dropped very low. I was not feeling the contractions so I was clueless as to what was going on. I was shocked. However, I experienced the same pain in the vagina area. It felt bruised like it was stretching. They stopped my contractions and put me on bedrest that week and I went back to being dilated to just 1 cm. Lay down as much as possible. Make sure you tell the doctor about the pain you are having because he/she will be the best judgement to say where you are at. You're not far away, so I personally think that the pain you're having is completely normal. Plus you're having twins!!! You might want to rest you're feet alot until your appointment just in case you're dilating and contracting more than you think. Good Luck!

1 / 3