Lotion for Rough Dry Hands??

My hands are super dry and for whatever reason, right where my fingers meet my palm, the skin on a couple of fingers are calloused and really really rough...like sandpaper! Normal lotion doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on what I might use/do to get soft "women hands" again??? Thank you!!

Bath and Body Works makes a really great lotion called "lay it on thick" in their "true blue spa" line. Its really thick and rich. I LOVE it! Great for the winter dryness! And it smells good (but not too strong.) I think its cocobutter or shea butter...or both. : ) Try it!

I use Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Hand and Foot Butter from the Body Shop. I have the tub sitting right on my night stand and I use it every night before I go to bed. This is the first winter that I have used it, and it works wonderfully. It is kind of greasy, so I use it only at night.

I am partial to Mary Kay's satin hand treatment, or even Avon has a brand called silicone glove which I love.

Cetaphil for sure!! You can get it at Walmart. Wash your hands, DO NOT dry them, and rub the cream all over them. Then pat your hands dry. It seals in the moisture.

For more intensive... do the above, and then add more lotion after you pat your hands dry. Put your hands inside some soft gloves or socks. Try to sleep in them, or at least leave them on as long as possible.... Baby Soft hands!!

I can honestly say I leave a fine white powder inside my pants, my socks, my PJ's, everything. So I do have dry, dry skin, especially in the Winter. The only relief I can find is from Avon. It is the Moisture Therapy line. I have the bottle of Body Lotion for all over and the tube of Hand Cream for the especially dry skin, feet, elbows, and hands.

It is in white containers with a dark blue lid. It also has 3 light blue tear drops on the front.

First you can get rid of the dead scratchy stuff using a little bit of olive oil and a half teasoon of sugar - pour about a nickel size of oil in your palm then add a little sugar. Thoroughly massage / rub it into your hands, between your fingers, etc. If you don't have olive oil use whatever oil you have. After a minute of this wash your hands. Your hands will instantly feel better.
I use avon intense moisture cream in a white tube with a big blue drop design on it. It's thick and odorless. I have eczema and it's one of the only creams I can use without irritation (and I have problems with lots of other Avon products - but not this one). It's not expensive either. Aveeno is OK - but it's expensive and not as good as this Avon cream. It also comes in a jar but it's not as thick and effective on my super-dry 51 yr old hands!

I use Moisture Therapy from Avon. I have also used Eucerin in the past too but it's a little more than Avon products. My hands crack so bad that they bleed because of my job and I am constantly washing my hands.

http://tfurlong.avonrepresentative.com/

I'll second the Renew lotion, if you know someone who is a Melaleuca member. If not, I recently noticed someone selling it on Amazon. It's the best stuff ever, hands down (no pun intended! lol).

Renew lotion is the only lotion I use and the only lotion I feel comfortable recommending. My 92 year old father used to have terrible eczema and psoriasis and it went away almost immediately when we started using Renew 7 years ago. It does heal quickly and even if you miss a day or two using it your skin retains the moisture better than anything else I've seen. I have a bottle in every room in the house!

PS Avoid buying it from any place other than the company. It's really quite inexpensive. Because the lotion is made more naturally than most lotions you don't want to buy something old that someone is selling on Ebay or Amazon.

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream.

1 / 3