Loose Skin from Twins- Help!

I just had 3 babies in 2 years, first a 9lb boy and 14 months later twin 6lb girls, needless to say my stomach is a mess of stretch marks and loose skin and my belly button is so deformed it makes me cringe! I have lost all the wieght, but my shape is still pretty bad. I look 4 months prgnant still. HELP!!! Seriously considering surgery, does anyone know how much tummy tucks usually run? Also my abs are ruined from 2 c- sections, does anyone know of any good exercises that might help?

You are not alone! After my two kids and two c-sections I felt aweful. I ate right, and excercised and there was nothing I could do to fix the loose skin. I had a tummy tuck back in July and it was the best thing I have ever done!! It cost just over $7000 and was worth every penny. The recovery is just like a c-section. Good luck.

I had twins too! Fortuneately I did not have this issue............It's always better to work from inside out rather than outside in. Your metabolism needs some work so.................find out how to DETOX and nourish...Castor oil packs can be wonderful. Use organic oil and organic flannel. Eat raw food as much as possible and plenty of raw greens in salads or fresh juice. Dance like a wild thing! Swim like a dolphin.......laugh lots...get tickled, rent funny movies.......move your energy...bring that skin back to life. That's what it means to work from inside out. Do everything before you let those knives near your precious body!

You stated your navel was wonky. Maybe you have an umbilical hernia. It is a very common problem with twin pregs. Mine had popped out and was really ugly. I finally asked my ob-gyn about it and sure enough! I just had it fixed along with my abdominal separation (diastasis recti) another common problem with having twins. Basically it makes your belly pooch out like you are pregnant. Here is a link:
http://baby.families.com/blog/5-things-to-know-about-mumm...

Anyway I just fixed it 2 weeks ago and my stomach is soooo much smaller. The surgeon even sliced off all of my extra twin skin! True, I have a big scar down the front of my tummy but it is 100 percent better than my old one. Trust. I haven't received my final bill yet but so far I've only paid $350. This past week I spent a lot of time just trying on shirts I never thought I would be able to wear again.

I think many of us have the same problem and same questions. I know a few things from experiance, weight training even light weights tightens muscles. I gained a lot of weight with my first two kids. When I started to work out I lost weight fast and had the lose skin. It was horrible. In the first year I lost 80lbs. After bout six months the skin started to tighten and wasnt so bad, still there but tighter. And then I got pregnant again. So there is hope, I say give it some time to catch up with your weight loss and if it just wont go away then consider a tummy tuck. Any surgery has complications, and then theres your existing scar tissue that can slow healing and then you have a new scar.

your body along with us older women are resilient...we can overcome any obsticle if we are willing to work hard at it. My suggestion to you is to drink at least 10-15 glasses of water, do cardio workouts but incorporate weight training...your body will tighten up with weights and you will develope muscles and dont worry we do not have enough testosterone to develop large muscles. The only way you would is if you took supplements such as steroids...otherwise your going to get stronger, more energetic, and your skin will develop more elasticity meaning it will get tighter and best of all you will also develop a higher resistance to getting sick. I wish you all the best of luck and OOOH also eat at least 5 small meals a day, drink your water, cardio at least 4 days a week and incorporate your weight training starting with maybe 3 times a week and take it as far as you'd like. The internet is a good source to find good weight training exercises so switch it up and keep it interesting. Have fun with it and best of luck! and if this doesnt work at least you can say you made an effort before making such an extreme decision and putting your life in danger. Plastic surgery might be a procedure you get to go home after but it is still very much a serious surgery to consider when having kids that are so young.

My mom had a tummy tuck done, but due to back problems and her's ran about $9k. When I looked into having one done, I went to 4 different doctors and they ranged from $8-10K.

It just takes time! I even had self esteem issues and problems with intimacy with my hubby because my belly looked like a Sharpei dog! I hated it!!!

I didn't have twins but my kids are 2,4 and 6 (all by c-section). I am not a stranger to plastic surgery, having had lipo in my 20s for "saddlebag deformity" on my thighs...was the best thing I ever did. That said, I went for a consultation because of my saggy tummy and breasts. I decided against the tummy tuck because the doctor basically said that instead of the sagging, I would have a giant smiley-face scar from hip to hip (my friend has one and it is REALLY obvious and frighteningly high up).

It usually takes 3-5 years for the skin to stretch back on its own. Even though I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 145 (I am 5'4") I was holding on to some weight. I joined weight watchers and lost 25 lbs and it is the weirdest thing, but my skin is not nearly as saggy as it was. Maybe it is the lenght of time...my son is 2 1/2, maybe it was the few pounds of extra weight and the slow weight loss that allowed the skin to go back slowly, but whatever, I love the results and I didn't have to pay 8-10K!

As far as the ab thing, the friend who did have the tummy tuck, did have her ab muscles sewn back together (typical during the tummy tuck). Mine have gone back together pretty well on their own. I do crunches periodically, but don't push it, you can end up really hurting yourself. Crunches are good and you can very the resistance by putting your hands above your head or crossed on your chest. These are good: the leg lifts where you lay on your back and put your hands under your buttocks flat on the floor face down, then lift your heels 2-3 inches off the floor then lift them to 5-6 inches then back down and repeat. I also make sure to do back exercises because I was getting back pain from my abs doing all of the work. If you have any other questions or need clarification, e-mail me!

H.

I have a friend who looked into a tummy tuck in Lubbock for around 6k-7k. I am all for plastic surgery. I got breast implants 5 yrs ago (when I was 25) and would do surgery again (any type) if I felt like I needed it. Some people think it is vain, but in my opinion, women are better wives and mothers if they feel their best physically. So--just start consulting with surgeons in your area, then you'll know if surgery is right for you or not. Good Luck!!

1 / 3