Loose Baby Tooth in a 4 Year Old - What to Do?

Has anyone seen a 4 year old with a slightly loose baby tooth? I think my son bit on his lolly pop a little too hard and now his tooth is a little loose. Will it heal on its own or do we now have to be careful so it doesn't fall out early? I anticipated the baby teeth would start to fall out at around 6, so want to keep this guy in as long as possible!

Update: it's the middle tooth in the bottom row of teeth. I'll check in with his dentist on Monday. Thanks!

My daughter started losing teeth at age 4, sounds normal to me. I thought it was early at first too. :)

A couple of my kids lost teeth that early. Even if they get knocked out it isn't a big deal since it doesn't effect the adult teeth.

My daughter started losing teeth at 4. No biggie.

Ask the dentist. HOWEVER, my daughter started losing her teeth normally at 4. By the age of 10, she had lost everything she was supposed to and had her 12 yr molars.

Some kids do this. We had a good relationship with our pedi dentist and she had checks every 6 months. She is 16 now with a perfect set of pearly whites. People can't believe she has not had nor needed braces.

Yes, my son lost his 1st tooth when he was 4 1/2yrs. It's an early age to lose teeth, but, it does happen. If he's losing teeth early, he'll probably get his 6yr molars in early too. If it's loose, there's nothing you can do...just let it loosen more and fall out on it's own. Don't try to force anything.

I'd call the ped dentist and ask their opinion. Personally, I wouldn't do anything until it is SO clear that it will fall out that you know nothing will keep it from coming out. Then, if you have the nerve, let it fall out on its own. If you don't, let the dentist help it along.

My 5 yr old bites down on his lolly pops all the time it has not made a tooth loose unless it was ready to be loose. My oldest lost his 1st tooth at 4 yrs old, so it is possable that he is ready to loose it. I would relax and let nature take its course if you are truely concerned call you dentist, he is the expert.

No reason to keep it in - kids can start losing their baby teeth as early as 4. My friend's son has lost two already, and he turned 4 in March. I'm guessing your son got his teeth early, since the earlier they get their baby teeth, the earlier they can lose them. Time to welcome the tooth fairy to your home!!

1 / 3