Looking for Weekend Sports Classes

I am working full time and I don't get home until 6.30pm during the week, so taking my son to a park district sport activity is out of the question, since they are all taking place during the week at 3 or 4pm. Are there any rug rats baseball soccer or any other sport programs for a 4 year old during the weekend out there? I live in Oak Lawn.

I have foud the Chicago Park District to be a wonderful resource. I work too, and have had my nephew involved in activities such as baseball, swimming, floor hockey, art n' crafts and martial arts in evenings and weekends. (Right now the parks are busy with summer camp, but you can search upcoming classes for the fall in the weeks ahead). Try searching the 60638 area code, which shouldn't be too far for you coming from Oak Lawn. You will have to pay a non-resident fee. Best.

Alsip park district has a fall outdoor soccer league that has games played on Saturdays. Your son would be in the peewee league which is for preschool and kindergarten. There is usually a practice sometime during the week, but if you could only make the games, there are other parents in the same situation. There is then a winter indoor soccer league that starts in January.

I am sure there are some classes after 6:30. I know last year, my son had a cooking class which started at 7:00-7:40. Then he had an All-Sports class that didn't start until 6:45. 3-4 sounds so early since most parents aren't home until after 5 anyway. I am surprised they have them that early. If you don't have any luck at the park district, look into your YMCA, they may have some sports later in the evening.

There is a Saturday sports program at most Chicago Park District parks, but you'd have to drive into the city to do it. They start at age 4. Check out the Chicago Park District web site, and be sure to enroll early, as they sell out within minutes!!! Good luck!

~M.

My boys are in Lil' Kickers, a soccer class. You can find out more information on their locations at chitownfutbol.com. They offer weekend classes. Plus, at least in my area, there's always AYSO (soccer) on Saturdays.

1 / 3