Looking for Toddler-friendly Indoor Playgrounds

Hi, I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with indoor playgrounds, preferably in the SW metro area. I have an almost-two year old who loves the park in the summer but I'd like to find a winter-friendly playground as well. We have gone to the Eden Prairie Mall, but sometimes it is a little overwhelming for her with all the bigger 4-5 year olds.

Thaks for the help -- we're looking forward to trying out these places over the next couple of frigid months!

There is a wonderful indoor wading pool with fountains to play in at the Maple Grove community center. It's a great escape in winter!

The EP Community Center has a play area. It is smaller than Edinborough, so there doen'st tend to be as many big kids there. It only costs $3. The Community Center also does Tot Open Gym on Tues/Thurs mornings for $3. They put out balls and frisbees and cones and stuff and the kids can run around the gym to their hearts content.

We also love Edinborough. But other good options are the Minnesota Zoo (lots of indoor stuff), the Mall of America, and the Children's Museum in St. Paul. When it gets a little warmer but is still wet, the Menards in Burnsville (off 13 I think) has a covered playground in their garden area. It is covered, but the room is not completely enclosed. Have fun!

My kids love Edinborough in Edina as mentioned in the other post.

Plymouth has an indoor play area as well that is great for kids. It is at their rec center (technically at the Fieldhouse) and has varying days and hours they are open. My 15 month old and my 4 year old are going there today actually.

Hopefully the link will work:
http://www2.ci.plymouth.mn.us/servlet/page?_pageid=82&amp...=

There is also a playground in Ridgedale, but it can be the same story as Eden Prairie.

The Maze in Maple Grove has a seperate toddler area, but it's about $5 to get in.
http://www.ci.maple-grove.mn.us/content/149/293/default.aspx

There is also Edinborough in Edina, the price is the same but the toddler area isn't as big.

Eagan Community Center had the Blast that is alot of fun! There's a few other ones similar throughout the cities, I think Edinborough has one also.
~M. C.

I like to go to the indoor playground edinborough park. $5.50 for the kid and free for adults. Lots of fun!

It is important to find indoor playgrounds that your children enjoy. If she is feeling overwhelmed, I purchased some indoor playground equipment online to put in my basement. My kids love it and it's perfect for these cold, winter days. www.fingofun.com has lots of indoor playground equipment.

1 / 3