Looking for the Right Church for Me and My Family

Hello my name is M. and I've moved to York about a year ago. I am from Germany so I am not familiar with all the different kind of churches and their Religions. It is all a little confusing to me. Let me tell you a little about me so you understand what I am looking for: I was baptized in our evangelical lutheran church in Germany. I went to their kindergarten, had my confirmation, sunday school, childrens choir, we had daytrips, summercamps, arts and crafts classes and childrens holiday performences. I always felt very comfortable and I was never pressured into what I believe. And now I am trying to find a community that will do the same thing for my daughter. Of course they don't have to have a kindergarten, or preschool, or all those other things I wrote but it is important to me that there are some activities for my daughter to be part of.
In Germany you have to be baptized in order to be allowed to attend the church activities and school. My husband said that here in the states it does'nt matter where or if you are baptized.(My daughter is not baptized) So I would be happy if anyone could help me with my situation.

My family belongs to an evangalical lutheran church in downtown York, Christ Lutheran Church. I grew up in this church and even though I live in Lancaster now we still attend this church. We are the oldest Lutheran church in York, and have German roots. We are located just off the square on George St. We have Sunday School for young kids at 9:40, with services at 8 and 10:45. We have a children's and junior choir, do bible school and retreat during the summer, Advent crafts, and have many other activities, such as an Oktoberfest, which happened last weekend. The website is www.christlutheranyork.com if you would like to check it out. If you would like more information you can email me at ____@____.com check us out some Sun, my 3 yr old daughter could show yours around! : )

Hi M.. Choosing a church is a very important thing. The church I attend, I've been going to since I was in 4th grade. I am now 38 and have a child of my own. We love it there. It is a nondenominational church that is very true to the Bible. Our pastors love the flock and are always ready and willing to serve where they are called. We have a strong missions base both locally and abroad. As for programs, we offer everything from Olympian clubs for kids, "J" church for children, Sunday Schools for kids and adults, worship services, prayer meetings, to Mom N Me for moms with pre-schoolers, and much more. Here is our church web address so you can check it out for yourself. http://www.codyork.org/ Please feel free to stop by, call the church office or e-mail me if you have any questions. Best wishes on your pursuit of your church home.

living word is located near york, off of route 24.

lwccyork.com

you can look under what we believe to see if it might be worth visiting and finding out more. good luck finding a place you feel comfortable at! many blessings.

Growing up we moved around quite a bit. I would suggest you go to a number of churches and sit through a service or two and see how you feel about the church. Even in the same religion they can be quite different. I wouldn't worry about the baptizing part - they should make you feel welcome. Check out some - until you find the right fit for you.

We attend a baptist church, they do not believe in baptising children. They think it is something a person should do voluntarily

1 / 3