Looking for the Perfect Double Stroller for Infant and 3 Year Old

I am wondering what type of double stroller to get for my baby (due Aug 27) and my son, who will be 3 next week. We travel quite a bit, so it needs to be something good for all-day riding, as well as quick trips. I think I am leaning toward a side-by-side as opposed to front/back seating. I would love for it to fit the infant carrier as well in the beginning. I've looked into the sit-n-stand kind - but don't think that would work for all-day for my 3 year old. I LOVE my single stroller/travel system but can't seem to find the perfect option for an infant and 3 year old. The trunk of my car is not very big so I can't do anything that doesn't fold pretty compactly (some doubles I've seen are just huge!) I am looking for something that's not too heavy (I will be having a c-section so can't lift for a while anyway), drives smoothly, has good features (cupholders for both parents and kids, storage space, easy folding, etc...), and worth the money. We are planning a trip to Disney World in the spring and I'm hoping this stroller will suit all of our needs there especially. I am ok to spend a little more if it will suit all my needs. If you have any tips I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance for your help!

Any Sit and Stand works great. I got mine at target for 120. Joovee makes one and I think so does fisher price.

Good luck w/ the new baby.

M.,
Good luck to you momma. Strollers end up being such a personal choice. I started with the Maclaren double and then after trying out my girlfriend Phil and Ted's I ended up selling my Maclaren on Craigslist to fund the purchase of my Phil and Ted. It is not a traditional double stroller, but rather a jogger set up with a trundle seat. Maneuverability of a single stroller, and oh so light. 3 years and another kid later and I still love this stroller. Here is a link to their company website. http://www.philandteds.com/nz/index.htm

I have the Baby Trend Deluxe Sit-n-stand from Target, also. My son will be three in September and my daughter is 6 months. The Graco Snug Ride car seat fits into the front seat with no trouble. It's a little long with the car seat in it and tricky to maneuver, but it's fairly lightweight (for a double stroller) and it folds easily and fits in the trunk of my 2003 Saturn Ion. I'd buy it again.

We have the Peg Perego side by side and we love it! It fits through most doors...I actually have not really had any problems with the width. It is light weight. The two big minuses are that the infant seat does not fit in it and it is not good "off Roading" SIde walks are the best. Over all I do love love it.
Do you just want it for Disney or long term. Your 3 year old might not to ride in a stroller much, and they are kind of expensive. A friend of mine has triplets and they used umbrella strollers withs these clip things to hold the strollers together when they went to Disney.

My daughter was born when my other daughter was almost 3. We got this stroller from Target online (http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Deluxe-Stand-Silverado/d...) and we absolutely love it. The infant goes in the front and the toddler goes in the back. The back can be a regular seat, where they can lie back or you can take out the seat and they can stand/sit. It's a great stroller for my oldest who can hop off and run around, but easily come and sit when she needs a break. The only downside, the basket is difficult to access as it's under the toddlers feet. I bought some hooks to attach to the handle of the stroller and put my diaper bag there.

just an FYI - side by side doesnt fit through some doors :(

I loved everything else about my side by side though :)

We bought one from Burlington for around $200, and moms are always asking about it. I have a huge 2-year-old (she's as big as most four-year-olds), and a 5 1/2-month-od. The seats can both face forward or backward, towards each other, or away from each other. Plus, it came with the thingy you use for an infant car seat. It's called the Ultimate Stroller from Kolcraft. Also, I have a friend looking to get rid of hers (I'm not sure what kind it is, though).

Hi there.

My husband and I just recently moved back to the state from Europe where they use the Bugaboo side by side ALL the time. It is PERFECT for 2 kids of different ages. It has a kids seat and a bassinet (2 of each with the double). So, one side can be the bassinett and the other the kid seat. It isn't too wide like some I've seen. It is VERY sturdy. Where we lived in Germany people walk ALL the time all over the city and these strollers can stand up to that kind of daily rigorous activity. It will be a little more pricey...but in my opinion, if you are going to use a stroller often then it is worth the extra money. The bugaboo looks great, is perfectly functional, seems easy to manueuver and can withstand lots of daily use.

I'm pretty sure you could find a more comprehensive product review on www.letsgostrolling.com In addition, that site will have other double stroller options. It's a great site to research strollers. You can order from there as well, and from what I've seen they have really good online prices.

Good luck and congrats on your new baby! (by the way... Aug 27th... great day! That's my daughters birthday...she'll be 1)

i love our sit n stand (found it used on craigslist b/c i wasn't sure if we would like it). it's the Baby Trend, and it's great. My toddler hates sitting for long periods in the stroller, so the stand on feature is great! I can get her to hop on when i'm on the move with the baby.

1 / 3