Looking for the Best Aluminum Free Deodorant

Hi all, any suggestions for aluminum free deodorant? I've tried Tom's of Maine and the Crystal Roll on. Since having my baby, it just seems like I'm always hot, sweaty and smelly! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

My total fave is lemon-scented Weleda, which they carry at Whole Foods on Alabama. The one risk is that it comes in a glass container and I have had at least one of them break while traveling, but there are small containers for traveling that, while still glass, are much less prone to breaking.

Hi A., If you'd like to do some at-home research, you can go to www.cosmeticsdatabase.com. This website covers ingredients and safety (or not) of deodorants and most other personal care products for including make-up, shampoo, lotions, etc., etc.

Just go to the website and type in "deodorant". You will get a list of products starting with the safest (on a 0 to 10 basis, 0 being best). If you click on them, you'll be able to see a list of the ingredients and the possible resulting health problems. I did notice that some of the "safest" deodorants have aluminum in them, but some don't.

The problem is that there are really no natural "anti perspirants". One key to using natural crystals is that you need to completely wash under the arm first and then apply it to the whole area. You have to do it every day.

I've recently tried a homemade deoderant that uses unrefined coconut oil, baking soda, and arrowroot/cornstarch. I'm finding that I feel MUCH drier than when I used the crystal. You can add tea tree oil or lavender for their antibacterial qualities or some other EO just for nice smell if you want:
5 Tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup baking soda

Melt the coconut oil, then stir in the starch & soda. Let it cool a little and then you can pour it into an old deo container or other container.

It is natural and healthy to sweat a bit, but I know those after baby hormones and how bad you sweat! This record-breaking heat summer doesn't help! The above recipe is helping me feel MUCH drier, even running errands while wearing my baby.

***came back to add amounts! I've had a couple of people message me with questions so i also wanted to add that Spectrum is an easily attainable brand of coconut oil. Make sure you get unrefined. It's available at natural food/health stores, but I've seen Spectrum in the baking aisle at Walmart, too! It's also really great for baby's bottom for diaper rash! Very healing.

I have had the same problem since having my daughter. She's two and I'm still stinky less than an hour after shower and deoderant. My physician prescribed Phisohex. It's and strong antibacterial soap, don't get it near the kids, you wash your underarms and let it sit for two minutes, then rinse off. Do this for two weeks and then only as needed. It' is only available by prescription so you will have to go see the doctor. This has worked wonders for me. I had tried everything- even the prescription strenght stuff with no avail. So I would say it's worth looking into.

I use a product that is free of chemicals and works very well. I can put you in touch with the link where you can purchase this if you PM me-
Have you tried the products from Whole Foods.
Blessings

For some reason, I have had better luck w/ the solid Crystal deodorant than the roll on. With the weather being so incredibly hot and humid in Houston, I can make it through the day w/out smelling, as long as I don't eat onions. If I have onions, I'm pretty stinky about half way through the day and have to wash up w/ deodorant soap (I use Tom's) and reapply the solid rock Crystal deodorant.

This happened to me too. It was mostly the left arm though. Weird. My husband would ask me if I ate enchiladas again.:-)
I tried about 5 different brands from whole foods and none of them helped. Lavender and sweat smell awful! My daughter is 11 months old now and it has gotten better over time. I tried Origins deoderant and their body powder. I like it. I have also tried using my daughters cornstarch and lavender. I used it on her botttom sometimes. The powder helps absorb the wetness. It's worth a shot! Good luck!

I too am interested in the answers you receive. I havent found success with any aluminum free deo either.

Nature's Gate is wonderful. It seems to stay on longer for me than Tom's. I particularly like the lemon verbena and chamomile. I get it at HEB, but I am sure Whole Foods carries it as well. Oh yes, it is aluminum free.

1 / 3