Looking for Somewhere to Feed Ducks (Other than the Zoo)

He Ladies

I am looking for somewhere in the Birmingham area to feed ducks or geese. My daughter loves this and when we go to my home town she always goes with her mimi. Any suggestions?

LOTS of geese in the office complex lakes off Hwy. 280 across from the Brook Highland Shopping Center (Lowes, IHOP).

Our favorite place is the lake next to Hoover Public Library. There are usually quite a few ducks and geese. There's also a playground. Joe Tucker in Helena is also great, with lots of ducks/geese and two playgrounds. Both also have nice walking tracks, perfect for strollers. Happy feeding!

I live in Bessemer in a wonderful old neighborhood. We have a lake w/ ducks and geese and we often take our kids down to feed. We have had lots of CAnadian wild geese this fall too. I don't know where you live and it might not be convenient, but if you want to check it out it is Lakewood Estates...off of 4th Ave. You can always make a morning of it and eat lunch at the Bright STar! :) Good luck...A.

Try Joe Tucker park in Helena. There's also a playground & pickninc area there, and it's right next to the library. You could combine a trip to the ducks with a storytime at the library if you wanted.

I've heard good things about the Alabama Wildlife Center down in Pelham. I know you can tour the center and see all the birds, and you can feed them too.

There are lots of geese in the Meadowbrook or Brook Highland corporate area (on Hwy 280 across from the Brook Highland shopping center). There is a walking path and lake with a fountain. Hope this helps!

i don't know where you live, but there's a little place in hoover, Star Lake that has geese.

We normally go to the Hoover Country Club to feed the ducks. The kids LOVE it. The lake is beautiful with picnic tables and a dock where you can feed the fish and turtles as well. It's open to the public so you don't have to be a country club member to use it. Normally they have a TON of ducks there. My kids and I were ambushed last time we went, probably over 100 ducks came walking towards us when they saw my little ones with bread in their hands. Have fun!

1 / 3