Looking for Recommendations on Travel System

I am looking to purchase a travel system that is easy to use and has a high safety rating. I know two moms who have highly recommended Chico Key Fit. Any suggestions or experience with this travel system?

I have the Chicco system and have been VERY pleased! It's easy to use, fairly lightweight, the stroller really does open with one hand. I love the adjustable height on the stroller since I'm kind-of tall. My son is 18 mos and we're still using the stroller everyday. It's held up well and is easy to maneuver and to clean. I'd highly recommend it! Anything with the Chicco name is very well designed!

We have a Chicco and LOVE it. The cart seat base is very stable and the levellers let you know it's in right. THe stroller is also very easy to use (lightweight, easy to open and close, adjustable handle for height, roomy basket). My only regret is that I got our Chicco when the weight limit was 22 pounds and our little guy grew so fast that we had to upgrade very early. I believe the newer model goes to 22 pounds. I would still buy it again though.

I have the chicco keyfit system and love it!! we have the 07 model so the wieght limit is only 25 lb but the new 08 is up to 30 lbs. My son who is now 1 1/2 hated it!! not sure why ?when he was a couple of months old he would cry furiously in the car the entire time!! then we switched to a big car seat and turned it backwards and he was fine??? we still use the stoller part though and he has always been fine in that.
My son still just under 30 lbs and he would be considered a big baby. so if we had the newer set up we could still be using it, just fyi.
ps - the other lady is right it does not fit onto a shopping cart. you have to put it in the basket or tip it really far.

We use the Graco SungRide Metro Lite system. The snug ride carrier had the highest saftey rating (at the time) and was only about 8 pounds empty which was the lightest one we could find. The stroller is very light as well, easily lifted out of the trunk with little effort, folds and unfolds easily, huge storage basket on the bottom. The other feature, if you want to call it that, that I love is the color. It is black (hides stains) and light blue/purple so it works for our son now or if we have a girl in the future, it will easily work for her. Although I've heard good things about Chicco, I would definitely take a look at the SnugRide MetroLite.

We purchased the Chicco Travel System. I absolutely love it. However the only complant that I have is that it does not latch on to shopping carts, like others do. I serched and searched when we were looking and I could not find another one that I liked better. I would not trade mine for anything.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-###-###-####-###...

If it works, this is a link to the system we have. The one we have is just a different pattern. I really LOVE this system especially the stroller. We have tried a smaller cheaper stroller but didn't like it so it is actually in the basement collecting dust.

This stroller is wonderful as you can run over huge cracks in the sidewalk without getting too much of a bump. It has good hydrolics or something of that sort.

In any stroller, look for a snack tray for baby, FULLY reclining back, and a back that will sit straight upright. You will need a parent cup holder and parent storage. You will also need a basket. We use those things ALL THE TIME~~ Bigger wheels in the front to help absorb rough terrain as sometimes we take this one 'off roadin''. The cheaper stroller with smaller wheels won't go on grass very well and forget big rocky areas. We take the Graco Quattro Tour on everything and it's great!~~

As for the car seat, my favorite is Graco as the shoulder straps don't twist (not often) and each strap is independently integrated into the system. We had bought a Cosco car seat and don't use it as it has see-saw straps that also like to twist. Also, my daughter figured out how to release the chest plate on the cosco brand. She hasn't figured out the Graco brand yet. She's 3. We have 2 children and each child has a car seat in each of our cars, as well as one for grandmas car.

What is a travel system? Seriously, I have three kids and I have never heard of this.

I love the Chico Key Fit!! And it is very safe.

1 / 3