Looking for Recommendations of Good OB GYN Doctors at Northwestern in Chicago!

Has anyone had a good experience with their OB GYN doctor at Northwestern. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and unhappy with my current NW doctor. She's a bit too business for me, not showing much empathy. I am also unhappy with her because she does not ask me many questions and I worry that I'm not asking the right questions? I'm looking for a female doctor who doesn't mind showing a little empathy and interest in my pregnancy and well being. Any advice or recommendations?

Thank you for all of your responses. After hearing from all of you I decided that a midwife was a better choice for me. I called the NW Midwives and was thrilled to talk to a midwife on the phone and schedule my first appointment. Thanks for sharing all of your advice! Let's hope for the best!

Another vote for Drs. Mazzullo and Norlin. Dr. Mia Norlin is my primary OBGYNE, and Dr. Lisa Mazzullo delivered my son. Loved them both!!!

Women's Practice
737 North Michigan
###-###-####.

I see you've had a lot of responses but I'd like to put my vote in for the drs. at Progressive Care for Women (www.pc4w.com). My primary there was Dr. Michele Hakimian but all of the drs there are great. I was referred there by 2 other moms. Highly recommend them.

I really like the midwives too. Carol Hirschfield is good, and I particularly like Ariel Darrenger, too. Midwives will have more time to spend with you and care about your overall health as a woman - not just your pregnancy. Pregnancy, after all, is just a normal stage of life - not a "medical condition". A better philosophy, in my opinion :)

Love my OB. She's with Lakeshore OBGYN in the 680 N. LSD building.

I don't mean to step on another poster's toes but I would not recommend Drs. Diakos and Dr. Tam. I had a horrible experience with all of them. I thought that they were so uncaring. I happened to deliver out of town so didn't have them there and at my 6 week post natal checkup they spent about 5 minutes with me and didn't even glance at my 6 week old daughter, who was really cute too!!!! GO with a midwife, you got a lot of recommendations for them. They are far more empathetic than OB's and will spend more time with you at prenatal visits and during labor and delivery.

I actually just gave birth @ prentice in June and had A wonderful experience with my Ob/Gyn she made sure that every visit was with her which is ____@____.com was very attentive to my needs and feelings throughout my pregnancy and even allowed me to call her personally if I had any questions or concerns versus calling the clinic. Dr. Sarah Kennedy

I use the nurse midwife group at 680 Lakeshore (Northwestern affiliated) and LOVE them. I'm pregnant with my second and they were who I went to for my first two years ago - all the way through the birth. I had a normal vaginal delivery with some small predelivery complications, but if needed to have a doctor one of the OB/GYNs on call would have been there with the nurse midwife at my side. I went this route because they really care about me as a person, not just a pregnant lady or a number. They ask questions I don't think about and are open to any questions I have. Carol Hirschfield is the lead CNM of the group, so you could meet her and see what you think.

Something else to consider.

I really like my OB. Her name is Dr. Mazzullo. The day that I gave birth she was the doctor on call. I did not have my baby until the next day and she stayed after her shift to deliver my baby. She is amazing and so is Mia Norlin from this group.

They are at:
Women's Practice
737 North Michigan
###-###-####.

try the midwives at NMPG. Carol Hirschfield is my primary caregiver...she and the other midwives delivered my oldest son and helped with the delivery of our twins (as high risk, docs have to do the actual twin delivery). I felt supported, well informed and empowered by working with them. Since they work in conjunction with docs, if anything goes wrong, they have backup ready.

Dr. Gregory Chen at Progressive Care for Women is one of the best doctors. He is right across from Northwestern and is in a practice with three women doctors. My first pregnancy was difficult and I had to be induced at 38 weeks. At an office visit he calmly told me that August 10 was a great day to have a baby. He told me to walk across the street and we would have the baby that day. We did and I am now having my second in November.
http://www.pc4w.com/
###-###-####

1 / 3