Looking for Pedes, Ob/gyn, Fam Dr. Hospitals

Hi Everyone!
We are new to the NORTH AURORA area and I am in need of reccomendations on Pediatricians, Ob/gyn's, Family Doctors, and Hospitals. I am doing research on the internet but would like to hear from y'all. There are so many in the area: Edwards, Rush-Copley, Provena Mercy, Delnor....
We are going to try to get pregnant again this year. We are from Houston and I delivered my daughter at the Texas Women's Hospital and it was about 40 minute drive. So driving doesn't bother me. I just really want to find the best hospital for my family and I.

I really appreciate your input!! I am very thankful for finding this website!

I agree with everyone who said dreyer. They are great docters and they are very kind. Dr. Judd Jones delivered my first son going on 14 years in march. My second child was also a dreyer baby. She was delivered my Dr. West. I had a miscarrige last april and the docter that helped was Andrea Jones. She was kind and listen to my concerns and did everything to help me. All my children (I have 4 biologically) but my youngest have had dreyer Pedes.(my youngest was born in Rockford.)

I had my first child at Delnor, and they were good but far. Now we go to Copley. I had my other two at Copley. Loved it! I would never go anywhere else. My doctors are great as well. We've had the same ones for about ten years now. We have Dr. Katula for family practice (my husband and I all the way to my 6 month old goes to him.) and my ob/gyn is Dr. Druhan. Good luck!

My grandbabies see Dr. Reddy at New Beginnings Ped's in Geneva (Delnor complex). The kids absolutely love her, and so do I. We've seen almost all of the doctors there, and I'm quite comfortable with them.

I use Dupage Medical Group OBGYN and was really, really happy with them. They have several offices including one at Edward. I delivered my baby girl by c-section in August at Edward; Joseph Martin was the delivery doctor. He was truly wonderful. I was happy with Edward too.

Edward is the best! They have all private rooms that have couches for dads who can stay all the time. They have rooming in with baby all the time or a nursery if you need to sleep. I had my son there 1 year ago and the nurses are awesome too. I can recommend several OB/GYN's that go to Edward. Dupage Medical Group and Dupage Health Specailists (if you prefer all females) are two of my favorite. I also know many Ped's who come to Edward but I'm not sure where their offices are located. My son goes to Dr Michael Richerts in Naperville who I cannot say enough good about!

Hi C.!
As you know, I'm in North Aurora too. I LOVE the Dreyer doctors for my peditricians. I have Dr. Natalie and LOVE her!! I also use Mercy to deliver b/c that's where my midwife is out of. The hospital is wonderful!! I HIGHLY recommend Women First Midwifery. That's where I have been with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and I absolutley LOVE Dr. Deb Ridell! She is amazing and I am so blessed to have found her. I had my first at CDH in Winfield and it was the worst experience. I felt like a number and they didn't care about me. At Mercy, you have a private room no matter what. The room you deliver in is the room you stay in. The staff is wonderful and treats you like a queen.
If you need any phone numbers, please email me at ____@____.com Luck and welcome!
K. :~)

In my opinion, I think that Provena Mercy Center is great. I had my last cnild there and I had my two girls before that at Copley. I would contact them.

S. Bailey CLD
Aurora
www.temdermomentsdoula.com

I absolutely love Dr. Andrea Jones out of Rush Copley Hospital. She was new OB/GYN for me as well when we moved her nearly three years ago...after having had the same OB/GYN for nearly 10 years. I felt like I knew her for forever. She made me so comfortable. She loves what she does, she's very knowledgeable, great bedside manner, and just an overall nice person with a great sense of humor. She made the delivery of my daughter a wonderful experience. Plus she knows some midwiferey techniques that also make delivery way easier. Rush-Copley also tries to make your family and friends involved in any stay you have tere. The hospital was great to me last year when I was very ill, and had a bit of an extended stay. Good luck with your decision.

Hi C., welcome to North Aurora! Many people here mentioned Dr. Druhan and Dr. Andrea Jones, who both work in the same practice out of Rush Copley. Dr. Andrea Jones delivered my daughter and I thought Rush Copley was an outstanding hospital! It's a very new and up-to-date hospital.

My OB/GYN is Dr. Richard Tom, who works with Dr. Druhan and Dr. Jones at Copley OB/GYN Associates/Rush Copley Midwifery. Their number is ###-###-####. I highly recommend them!

As far as pediatricians, I had a very hard time with this and went through 7 pediatricians in 4 months when my daughter was born. One of them I absolutely LOVED, but she was not part of my insurance plan. Her name is Ushma Patel at ABC Pediatrics in Naperville. She works out of Edwards Hospital..she's young, very intelligent and very in touch with kids. I would have kept her if I didn't have such a high co-pay on out-of-network visits. Their number is ###-###-####.

I chose to go with Pediatric Health Associates in Naperville (they also have an office in West Chicago which is only a 15 minute drive from you). My daughter's doctor is Dr. Linda Hamilton, but she also sees Dr. Sunder and Dr. Cole. This is a VERY large practice...you can always get in the same day for any reason, and usually within 2 hours of your phone call. Their number is ###-###-#### in Naperville, or ###-###-#### in West Chicago.

Hope this helps, and good luck with everything!

Hi C., welcome to our area. I see Dr. Robert Gallee at Delnor. I really like him as an OB--very attentive and listens to your needs. As far as my daughter goes, we see Dr. Jeff Sroka with the Dreyer Medical Group. He and the entire staff at Dreyer are wonderful. We see him at the Dreyer bldg. on Fabayan Pkwy. in Batavia--should be very close to you. Best of luck!
R.

1 / 3