Looking for "New Baby" Gift Ideas for Husband

My husband is currently serving in Iraq and will not be able to make it home for the birth of our new baby in November. I would like to send him a gift to open once he receives word the baby has been born. I am hoping this will make him feel a little closer to us and more involved on an important day. I am looking for something special that isn't too big. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi! Thank you for you life of sacrifice. Have you heard of Skype? It's a way to chat live online even with a webcam. You can get a camera pretty cheap and if you know someone with a laptop you coud have him in there with you virtually. I know it's not the same, but skype is free to download.

I think you were thinking of sending him something he opens once he hears of the birth? I thought we were going to be in this position at one point anyway this is what I was going to send with instructions to not open until the baby was born
http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/proud-papa-black-and-r...

How about something to remind how tiny and precious they are? A pair of tiny baby shoes, a little stuffed animal, a recieving cloth "baby scented"?

I would use snapfish or one of the other similar companies on the internet that you can upload your pictures to and they will make a book with all of your pictures. Have them ship it directly to Iraq. I would think pictures of all the action in a book that he can look at all the time would be very nice for him!

I've also read a bunch of stories about soldiers watching their kids' births over the internet. The company that is doing it is called FreedomCalls.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/...

Thanks to you and your husband for serving our country!

Hello,
First and foremost tell your husband thank for doing what he does, because it is men like him that give me the freedom I have today....May God Bless you both.
I thought you could send a mini scrapbook of everything that has happened up until the date and maybe your baby's first blanket and clothing so he can feel close in his heart to his baby. And then maybe a DVD or recording of you and your baby on that day sending him a heartfelt message that you both cant wait to see him!! I hope I was some help!!
Congratulations!! I hope everything goes well, and again may God Bless you both......Take Care.
Sincerely,

Send him a framed picture of you pregnant, and of the ultrasound of the baby with a blank space available for the after picture you send him of you and the baby from the hospital. This will give him something to look forward to and add to his excitement of receiving a new picture.

Besides the obvious box of cigars, how about a personalized T-shirt with something like "It's a boy" or "I have a new tax deduction". I saved the hospital wristband and disposable blood pressure cuff etc. from my kids. I don't know if they still use them, but they could be something to include in a later package.
Good luck and God Bless you for your family's service to our country!

I don't know about 'new baby' gifts, but I recently found fantastic gifts for men here: http://www.brights-gifts.co.uk/
Hope it will help in the future.

I know you have heard this many times, but first I want to say thanks so much to your husband for his bravery to protect our country, and thanks to you for being the kind of wife our soldiers need to come home to. You have to sacrifice so much and hold down the fort at home while trying to be as positive as possible knowing your guy is dodging bullets. I couldn't imagine having to give birth without my husband there to hold my hand. That said, when both of our kids were born my husband went online and found a few different websites where you can create birth announcement Hershey bars. For our son, the front of the wrapper said HERSHEY'S, with the HE in blue and for our daughter it read HERESHEIS with the SHE in pink. On the back there is a picture of the baby, and you fill out the info such as "baking completed"(birth date and time), Package size (length and weight), and Manufactured by (Parents' names). You can send a bunch to him for him to distribute among his war buddies. My husband couldn't wait to get back to work to hand these out to his buddies. We sent some to my folks in Texas and everyone loved them. Besides how adorable they are you get to eat chocolate! My husband used two different companies each time, but I'm sure you can go online and Google Candy Bar Birth Announcements and get a few hits. I also loved the idea one mom wrote about snipping a bit of the baby's hair and sending it with the hospital cap. It is great that you are trying to make your husband feel like part of it all when he is so far away. What a sweet thing to do.

M.,

From one warrior wife to another, I'd like to suggest you check out http://www.operationspecialdelivery.com/ for YOU. The help you get there, can help you with this, too.

I'd also like to suggest doing a belly cast when you're about 37 weeks. You can google them and see the many different ways they can turn out. You can do one and send it to your hubby, with foot prints where your baby kicks the most, you can put pictures on it, quotes, whatever...your man will love being able to put his hands "on your belly" and have that amazement. You can place baby items: a new born diaper, the "cigars" for boy/girl, a pacifier, baby socks, a onesie, etc...and place them in the belly when you ship it.

Have lots of pictures taken, even video, and then let someone put a "video" together for him to watch...you know, like all the military tributes we torture ourselves with on YouTube...like that, only it's all happy! ;o)

You may want to have a "Daddy Shower" for him over there. Send stuff for a "party" for daddy to be received two or three weeks before baby is born, too. Those guys really could use a good excuse to play--they come up with some aweful and silly things to pass the time!!! So, you could do something like that.

Work a scavenger hunt into the mix if you like...you may need a helper--one of the other guys there (or maybe a female he's serving with) with the clear understanding that if they let the cat out of the bag Iraq will seem like a trip to the day spa when they get back! lol

Good luck Sweetie, remember to do your own research and be proactive in your care. It'll all work out wonderfully.

1 / 3