Looking for Local Second-hand/consignment Store for Baby Gear

Hi! I'm about to have my second baby in about a month. I loaned quite a bit of our baby gear to my sister-in-law when she had her son. Unfortunately, she lives in Washington and I live here! So, it's not really worth it to pay to ship all the big items over here. I was wondering if anyone knows of a second-hand/consignment store for baby gear around here? I have been looking online and in the yellow pages and can't even find any second-hand stores anywhere! But, I'm specifically looking for a maternity/children second-hand boutique. Anyone know of any? Thanks so much!

Other Mother is on Culter/ I-40, just by Old Navy, and for a smaller used botique there is Baby Bear on Lomas (near Los Cuates). Other Mother has more stuff at resonable prices. Also, you could try Craigslist (a website) and go to the children's section for sale. You can find a lot of great stuff there.

Try Other Mother's on San Mateo and Cutler or go online to www.magickidsusa.com. Good luck!

Hey M.,
Other Mothers is the place to go. They have everything you need.They have all the furniture you need as well as baby clothes. They also have toys, books and clothes for mom. It is on Cutler by Old Navy.
If you take I-40 to the San Mateo Exit and turn left your first street will be cutler. Turn left at the light and it is right across from old navy.

The one on the Westside in the Target plaza closed several months ago. Most people I've talked to rave about OTHER MOTHERS. You can also watch Craigslist for good deals on baby clothing and gear.

I don't remember the name of the store. But there is one by the Old Navy on San Mateo. It has maternity and children clothes.

Not sure of the name but I believe there is one near the Target Store on Coors. Its a little shop closer to Ross. Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope you find what you are looking for.

hi, M.!

the store that i know about is called "other mothers" and it is located on san mateo/i-40 across from old navy...they buy used clothing for kids as well as gear and maternity clothing. the store that someone else posted near target on coors and paseo is no longer in business.

you can also try selling your stuff on craig's list. just google craig's list albuquerque and you will find the site. it is free on-line ads specifically for albuquerque and has a baby/kids section that is a great place to shop!

hope this helps!
-B.

Hi M. & welcome to NM.

Other Mothers is a good place for baby gear, the merchandise turns over constantly so go by often if you don't see it right away. It is a consignment shop and they seem fairly picky about what they sell. Also here's a website with a long list of local thrift shops, some of which I've never heard of before now!

http://albuquerque.citysearch.com/search?gcats=110&ca...

Enjoy!
H.

1 / 3