Looking for In-home Piano Teacher

Updated on December 28, 2010
R.Y. asks from Lockport, IL

Hi Moms! I am hoping someone can refer me to a piano teacher that would come in the home to teach my 7 yr old daughter. Recommendations, typical cost, or anything else would be so appreciated! We are located in Homer Glen.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

S.T.

answers from Chicago on

Not sure if you want someone to come to your home or just want someone who teaches in their home. My co-worker lives in Lockport and teaches in her home. She lives right down from Walmart toward Cedar Road. She is a preschool teacher and very patient and knowledgable. Both my boys have had her and liked her very much.
She charges $12 for a half an hour and is filling up fast. You can e-mail her at- ____@____.com
Hope that helps!

Smallavatar

B.D.

answers from Chicago on

I posted about a piano teacher probably a month ago. Unfortunately there aren't any that I found that come to your house and I believe the reason is that there may be too many distractions at the child's own home.

We just signed my daughter who is almost 7 up with the teacher someone else mentioned. Mrs. Lombardo. She is very experienced and was quick to respond to my call. She is a preschool teacher so I imagine her patience is "overflowing" (compared to me who has very little!!)

In looking for a teacher I found that the charges vary grossly from $12 - $28 a half an hour. The instructional materials are in addition to that.

Smallavatar

D.W.

answers from Chicago on

I don't know of a teacher that does in-home lessons. I do know of some families from your area that use Community Christian Church School for the Arts. Their lessons run abput $19 to $19.50 per half hour. They offer other lessons and classes as well. I am finding most in-home or after school private lesson instructors charge $22 and more. Hope that helps with the cost question.

Smallavatar

J.O.

answers from Chicago on

Hello - just wondering who you found... I'm now looking for my 6 yo daughter and we live in Homer Glen also. I checked Allegro and they seem expensive, especially when considering that it is for group lessons.

Smallavatar

L.W.

answers from Chicago on

Hi R.,

My uncle is a piano teacher. He has another job, but I think he does this on the weekends. He is wonderful and has taught my teen brother and sister. Please send me a private message for his contact info.

Smallavatar

N.B.

answers from Chicago on

R.,
hi, I know someone shes fantastic!! She currently gives lessons out of her home in Oswego. I'm not sure if shell travel to your home but if youre still interested I can find out for you!!

Next question: Piano Lessons - New Lenox, IL