Looking for Great Ideas to Keep Tupperware Organized in Kitchen

Hello Ladies!
I was wondering if any of you ladies had any good ideas that could help keep my tupperware cabinet organized. I usually try and keep all this organized but when im looking for a lid or bowl I can never seem to match them up. My husband isnt good at putting things back where they belong and instead just tosses it in the cupboard. I just need a quick and simple idea to help get this cupborad organized.

I totally feel you here..My cupboard looks horrible. When you open it things fallout, I can never find anything when I need it. My suggestion....get a bigger kitchen , with more cupboard space .....to do this you may just need to go ahead and buy a new house.

Tupperware is a pain. Too bad it is also handy to keep! My lids were what was driving me crazy. Then I had a small shoe box from my daughters new shoes I was going to throw away that I just grabbed and started stacking my lids in (with them standing up). They all fit in tight and I can line them up in size order so it is easy to see what I have and what I need. It is one of those things that made me so happy- my husband doesn't get it! When I need a lid I can pull the whole box out, pull out what I need, and put the rest back. Hopefully an easy fix is something you can find, too. As for my containers, I only have stacking ones that fit in one certain area. I gave away any that didn't fit in this one designated area. I hope you find a way to be happy with your tupperware- it is a challenge!

I know exactly how you feel!! What I did.... I have one cupboard just for my tupperware, I cleaned it out got rid of anything in bad shape or didn't have a matching lid, kept what I wanted and put all the lids on the bowls and stacked them neatly. even right out of the dishwasher. I now just buy new when I need to replace something that is worn out and I get my storables from Ikea in bulk packs. They are inexpensive and I just buy a few at a time so I always have fresh ones on hand to send food home with people or whatever.

P.S. My husband no longer puts the storables away, he leaves them on the counter for me and that is perfectlt fine with me because everytime I go into my cupboard it is just as I left it.

I found moving the tupperware from a cupboard to a drawer really helped keep things organized better. I also use one of the bigger containers that doesn't get used as often to hold the lids (stacked sideways.) And I want to second the suggestion to get all one kind of container so that the lids can fit on different containers. It helps with stacking too. My husband, who isn't good with organization, can keep this system neat AND he can find the matching lids without asking me. Big bonus!

Some time back I first reduced the number of containers, especially the big ones that did not see as much usage, and then started putting lids back on before they went back into the cabinet. I also changed over time from a lot of different bowls to Glade and Ziplock bowls, so there are several lids that fit the same bowl.
All this really helped keeping the clutter down.

Good luck : )

I keep mine nested with the lids on. One size inside the next. If they're all the same size (like gladware)I stack them all together with all the lids stacked on top of the size tehy fit. Works for me! And I have lots of them. It drives me crazy at my Mom's where all the containers are in one place and all the lids together in another. I can never find one that fits that way.

I have a dishpan that I keep all of our lids in. I store them sitting up on the lid edge, so that I have them in rows sitting in the dishpan, which I keep in a cupboard.

One way is to match the lid with the container first; then you can stack them up; or pile up the bowls and lids at the bottom;

It is a matter of matching them first :)

I hope this helps.

http://my2.tupperware.com/tomkinrc

1 / 3