Looking for Good Place to Go Trick or Treating

I live in the Carrollton area and I am looking for a place to take my girls Trick or Treating. I live in an apartment complex so I am looking for a neighborhood with houses. I am willing to go into Coppell or some parts of Lewisville.

Central Park in Lewisville is hosting a trick or treat path. The local businesses will be lining the walking path and they will be passing out candy. I am new to the area but this sounds like a big event and a safe place for the kids.

S.,
You did not mention what part of Carrollton you live close to, but there is Country Place that is lies between the intersections of Marsh and Keller Springs and Marsh and Belt Line Road. Great place to trick or treat. Lots of homes.
Anyhow, Happy Trick or Treating!! :-)

I agree they're too young, but I also have to echo the earlier post about the dislike of "drop off" trick or treaters. We don't live in a "rich" neighborhood so we don't get a bunch, but I sort of resent the ones we do because I view it as my opportunity to get to know the kids in the neighborhood!! Also, from your child's perspective, you're supposed to get to know your neighbors. What's wrong with trick or treating in an apartment complex??

I found a list of places so I could take my kids...

DOWNTOWN TRICK-OR-TREAT AND FAMILY FESTIVAL The Downtown Wylie Merchants Association presents treat stations, live music, carnival games, clowns and magicians. Oct. 27 from 6 to 8 p.m. on Ballard Avenue in downtown Wylie (between Oak and Marble streets). Free. ###-###-#### http://www.wyliedma.com/trick_or_treat.htm

BOOSEUM Billed as having "boos without the boo-hoos," the Dallas Children's Museum attraction includes trick-or-treating, a maze room, Halloween arts and crafts, arcade games and crazy mirrors. Geared toward ages 2 to 10. Opens Oct. 15 and runs through Oct. 31: Saturdays from noon to 8 p.m., Sundays noon to 6 p.m., Thursdays and Fridays 4 to 8 p.m. and Oct. 31 from 3 to 8 p.m. Dallas Children's Museum, inside Valley View Center, 13331 Preston Road, on the upper level of the mall near J.C. Penney. $3, $5 children. ###-###-####. www.dallaschildrens.org.

ALLEN PREMIUM OUTLETS Annual event features face painting, a balloon artist and sidewalk trick-or-treating for youngsters in costume. Oct. 31, with activities starting at 4 p.m. and trick-or-treating from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at Allen Premium Outlets, 820 W. Stacy Road, Allen. Free. ###-###-####. www.premiumoutlets.com/allen.

LIGHT-UP-THE-NIGHT HALLOWEEN FEST The American Tract society presents games, a bounce house, live music, popcorn and candy. Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. 1624 N. First St., Garland. Free. ###-###-####. www.atstracts.org.

taken from http://www.guidelive.com/feature/320/events.html

The best neighborhoods are Castle Hills on Hebron.

S.,
If you want to avoid all the excess walking around, you are welcome to attend our Fall Festival. We are off Hwy 121 at Huffines Blvd. It is at:

Grace Church
4020 Nazarene Drive
Carrollton, TX
###-###-####

The event will be on Friday, October 31st from 7pm - 9pm. We'll have games, prizes, and candy. If you need more details, feel free to contact the church directly.

First Baptist Church of Carrollton has a great Fall Festival Halloween night 5:30 - 8:30. They give candy at each station, lots of fun and safe. The only thing you pay for is food - concessions by Chick-Fil-A, resonably priced.

Why not attend a local school fair.

What in the world are you doing taking those babies trick or treating??????? Look I mean no disrespect but you should most certainly not be giving your babies candy at this age. It could easily cause insulin resistance in the future which you really dont want for your daughters. Not to mention their teeth. Lets face it you are the one that wants to go trick or treating! It is so much fun! I think you better haul yourself over to Highland Park or Swiss Avenue. There is so much to see and you can skip the candy!

1 / 3