Looking for Good, Mild Baby Wash/lotion for Eczema

My 18 month old daughter has a mild case of eczema on her arms and legs. I had the same thing as a child and it eventually went away on its own, but right now I would like to find products to help it a little. My pediatrician just said to use a good greasy lotion for the dryness, but didn't give me any brands to try. I bathe her in either J&J Bedtime Bath or Wegmans brand Baby Bath (both are hypo-allergenic) and after a bath she almost always gets J&J Baby lotion on her whole body.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on another mild, hypo-allergenic brand to try that might help combat the dry skin and red bumps? The eczema doesn't seem to bother the baby, I think the dryness bothers me more, but I would still like to get rid of it, preferably without spending an arm and a leg!

Aveno bath products and cetadil soap. Also the Aveno thick baby lotion (its the small tube) works wonders!!
Also, don't bathe her every day.
My kid's allergist and I fought over how often to bathe them..but less is better for the skin. I do every other night in winter.

Hey P.,

My son has severe eczema. Thanks to his dermatologist's advice, we started using Cetaphil wash and cream (you can find it at Walgreen's), and it is under control!! It is a bit pricey, but VERY, VERY much worth it (a little goes a long way)!! Hope this helps!!

I use Aveeno baby wash and cream because my son gets a rash from the fragrance in the J&j products. I also use Aquaphor wash occasionally.

I had the same situation with my daughter and my pediatrician suggested not to use baby products at all. I used cetaphhil wash and lotion for her. It completely disappeared.

R. mother of beautiful one year old daughter Maya

My son has had really bad eczema from the day he was born and through trial and error of many products, we found a wonderful solution. We use cetaphil bar soap for washing his body, Aveeno baby shampoo and vani-cream moisturizing lotion. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this lotion! It's fragrance and paraben free, is super moisturizing, but not greasy! You can order it on drugstore.com or go to your local CVS or Walgreens pharmacist and ask for it(or for them to order it). For a 1 lb jar, it's about $15 so it's cheaper than a lot of other solutions. He still has flare ups and if they are bad we use a prescription ointment from his pediatrician, but the vani-cream helps so much! Good luck.

Hi P.,

I have hyper-sensitive skin to everything, and the best lotion that I have ever found is Kiss My Face, olive & aloe. I have used it on my daughter, who has very dry & fair skin, since she was 9 months old, and it has worked wonderfully. It's about $8 for a bottle, and since it's so rich, you don't need to use a lot - her current bottle has lasted 5 months. You will be able to find it in any Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, natural-type stores, and some grocery stores.

Good Luck! K. T

Also, don't bathe her every day.

My 4 year old has eczema and I use Eucerin cream on her after a bath. Its nice and thick, but not greasy or smelly

You might want to look at your laundry detergent and if you use them softener sheets too. Your in your clothes all day the then you sleep in your sheets, you can never get away from the harm chemicals and toxins.

We use Shaklee Small Wonder products have helped many and my kids use it too.

Eczema can also be treated nutritionally. If you would like to know how, please e-mail me back.

You can get it at.
www.myhealthylifestore.com

I swear by Cetaphil. My daughter started life with a little dry skin which eventually escalated. I realized she was having a reaction to all J&J products including the Aveno lotion. She is 2 now and her skin is soft, smooth & spotless.

Curel makes a lotion that is for sensitive skin and unscented. It works really well on both of my children. They were probably around 3 or 4 when I started to use it so you may want to ask a pharmasist to confirm it is okay for infants.

1 / 3