Looking for Gift Ideas

We have several aunts and uncles on my husband's side that we buy a small gift for each Christmas usually around $20 each. The gifts have to be mailed out of state. I am at a total loss for what to get them this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive gift that will ship well? Thanks!

All of my family is out of state as well on my side and my husbands. We buy snd ship for many people because personally I feel gift cards are impersonal. You can find tons gifts for almost anyone at a place like Bed Bath and Beyond. One year we bought most of the guys on my husbands side a performance fleece from Old Navy and sent it to his moms house who sees everyone for Christmas. Maybe you could shop somewhere online that has a flat rate shipping fee and send it to someone to distribute.

L.,
The Entertainment Book is fairly inexpensive (varies depending on the region) and usually has some fun stuff for everyone and they can be bought for the various parts of the country that is closest to whomever you may be buying for and sent directly to them to save you the double shipping. That just popped in my head, but I will think of more when I'm not so tired. Good luck. W~

to SHELBY M:
Hi! I tried your site smingee.ordermygift.com and somethings wrong. Will you please post it again? I'd love to check it out! Thank you! ____@____.com

Gift cards, particularly to book stores are a good bet.

The nice postage stamps (that you have to wait in line for) at the post office. Practical yet somewhat special to have a special poet or glamour icon when paying a bill or sending a thank you note.

I agree with Dyreka that gift cards would be the easiest thing to ship & probably is the most practical gift. Don't forget to include a picture of your darling daughter. Something you might want to consider if the family agrees is drawing names. When I was younger because my father's side of the family is very large we would draw names at Thanksgiving. We had 2 different drawings 1 for the kids & 1 for the adults.

L.,

LOL I was just coming here to chime in with "gift cards" as well!

Why not just do the tried and true gift card idea? You could get them each a gift card for someplace that you know they frequent. Almost every store or chain of stores offer gift cards and of course they can be mailed for the same price as a regular card.

I heard this on the radio the other day and am all for making it a tradition.

Everyone has clutter, and who needs one more thing collecting dust around the house? There are those who are not doing very well in today's economy and food banks are getting hit hard. The idea I heard was to purchase canned food, take a picture,a nd donate it in the name of the relative you would otherwise get "a little something for." They'll appreciate the gesture and everyone comes out well.

Enjoy the holidays.

1 / 3