Looking for Creative Way to Give Money

Every year I give my neice 50 dollars for CHRISTmas in a creative way. I have already put money in a fake cake(a bowl covered with icing :)), made a money CHRISTmas tree, made a sock snowman with the money inside,a gift box with dollar bills taped end to end that slide out a slot on top when the bow is pulled off, gave a gift card, gave a gift box that was full of 50 $1 bills taped to make a ring so the box would be full. Does anybody have any unique ideas on how I can give my neice $50 cash this CHRISTmas? She is 17 years old. Thank you, A.

Hi everyone. Well, first of all I took forever writing this message and when I slipped away to change my baby's diaper my three year old deleted it. So here I go again. I think I will try to make a huge gift basket filled with all of these awesome ideas you all have sent me. I'm going to make it look really store bought with clear wrap around it and a big bow. I'm going to put some money in a bar of soap(love that one). That set me off on trying to make it a "relaxation" theme. I'll have the hollowed nuts with money inside, the pic over pic magazine idea(great idea), some oragami, a money maze, a Hershey bar with money inside(or some of my trademark Buckeyes chocolate covered peanut butter balls with one of them having a little gumball machine plastic ball with money in it) and just a bunch of bath accessories to add to the theme. I'll probably squunch up a bill in between the lid and seal of a lotion etc. bottle, put a bill in bath salt, I don't know, I'll probably even include a clue that leads to the rest of the treasure. Since my niece is driving now, I might lead her clear across town. HaHa :0) What I love about this whole thing is she will probably find all of it fairly easily and then realize there is still money to be found because she hasn't reached the $50 and then she'll be looking at the soap like, "Surely not" and the magazine like, "where in the world". Thank you all so much for your ideas. This was my first request. I'm lovin' this site. I'm hooked now. Merry CHRISTmas, A. P.

One year when I was little, my older brother got about 20 boxes sized from very large to very small. He put the money in the smallest box, and then nested each box inside the other and wrapped the largest box. I had to go through all of the boxes (peanuts and all) to get to the money. The more boxes you use, the better. It was a lot of fun and the entire family got a good laugh!

One year for Christmas my cousin gave my Dad a shoe box scene made out of money. She used rolled coins and pipe cleaners to make people and had them working in a garden where the lettuce was made from dollar bills. She even made a tree out of a penny roll and some wire and had pennies growing off of it. I think my Dad still has it somewhere he said it was too cute to take apart and spend.

I saw this: http://www.freekidscrafts.com/index.php?option=com_events...

and thought it sounded like something you could do.

I also had a friend once make a cute scene with a money umbrella & quarters for raindrops.

This link: http://familycrafts.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1...

looks like it offers various Origami designs using dollar bills.

Sounds like a sweet tradition & most of the fun is in how it's delivered. Have a blessed Christmas.

Put it in a bar of soap!

The only other things I can think of are possibly making some origami from bills. This is a site you could us and perhaps box them http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/.
I have also seen the trick boes that the money gets locked in and you have to figure out the trick before removing the money. We actually recieved one and the kids loved it.
Hope this helps!
S. J
_______FIGHT LYME DISEASE
www.ShazzArtisticVisions.com

one year my husbands aunt filled walnut shells with $10.00 bills,then put them in a pretty gift basket.It was totally unexpected!We plan on doing this to our son now,lol.

When my grandparents were alive, they would always give cash in creative ways. Here are a couple of my favorites that I will always remember... One time they went to their Kroger Pharmacy and had them make up prescription bottles and the labels said our names and it had "take when needed" and "prescribed by gramma and grampa", etc. It was so darn cute! One time she took the big 1 pound Hershey bars and somehow unwrapped them and placed the $50 bill on the chocolate and resealed the silver wrapper perfectly. I will always remember those things! Thank you for the opportunity to sit and remember my awesome grandparents at Christmas time! =0)

Last year I gave my brothers each money in one of those puzzle boxes. They are clear with a ball that you have to move around to "unlatch" the compartment holding the money. It took one of my brothers just a few days but it took the other one a few weeks. I found my in ABC or LTD but have seen them in stores recently.

My mother in law gave my husband money for Christmas every year and she also found inventive ways to wrap it up. The one he still talks about most is when she used an empty wrapping paper tube. The money curled up inside the tube so that it wasn't immediately apparent and he thought she was trying to fake him out. It is one of his most fond Christmas memories.
This year, I'm giving money gifts to charities and sending the sponsors gift cards to my long-distance relatives (even the nieces and nephews).

1 / 3