Looking for Church on North Side of Chicago

I am looking for non-denominational church on the north side of Chicago. I was raised Catholic and my husband was raised Methodist, but neither of us practice. We would like to baptize our daughter, but are having trouble knowing where to begin. Any help or a starting point would bw great!

I am sort of having the same problem. I was raised Catholic, my husband Christian and we are expecting our first child in a couple months. We are considering the unitarian church as they are accepting of people of any religious background. I am still doing research, but from what I have learned the Unitarian church teaches kindness and tolerance to all.

Hi, my name is E. and I would like to say that you must give Rogers Park Baptist Church a try. Located at Granville and Wolcott ave. Service starts at 10:45 am to 12:00 pm and Sunday school starts at 9:45 am. Extremely mixed congregation example: Asian, African American, Spanish etc.

I will second the Lutheran Church referral, but you'll want an ELCA Lutheran Church. (Missouri Synod is very strict and conservative)

We go to Parkview Lutheran at 3919 N Monticello Ave (basically Irving Park and Elston).

Pastor Joyce is very welcoming and kind. You can call her at ###-###-####

Congrats on your new daughter!

Hi T.,

My husband and I had the same type of situation and we just had our daughter baptised at a Lutheran Church in our neighborhood. It is not a requirement to attend or be a member of the church to have your child baptised there.

I feel for you...I was totally overwhelmed by the whole process not knowing where to start either. We just called the Pastor and explained our situation and then met with him.

I'm not sure what neighborhood you're in...I could as our Pastor for a referal for you though if you want to do a Lutheran service. It was VERY low-key..I've never attended church and was quite comfortable with the service. My husband was raised Catholic and he was happy as well.

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions...

I will recommend:

All Saints Episcopal Church
4550 N. Hermitage
Chicago, IL 60640
###-###-####

It is not non-denominational, but it is very welcoming and inclusive, and it is very easy to baptise your child there. My husband was also raised Catholic and I was raised Baptist, and neither of us were practising. We were married in a civil ceremony. We find the service there to be a great fit of traditions that both of us are familiar with, yet it is also quite contemporary. We baptised our daughter there at 8.5 mos. In fact, they baptise people of any age, it is pretty interesting and as I said, very inclusive.

Good luck in your decision!

1 / 3