Looking for Church

Hello, I have not been to church in about 10 years and was wanting some feedback on what churches folks in the Plano/Allen/Richardson area attend. I feel I need to get back to attending church, my daughter has never been, and am not sure where to start.

I am new to Dallas and was also looking for a church. I started going to St. Andrew United Methodist in Plano. It's been wonderful for me and my family.

They have a website if you want to check things out...
http://www.standrewumc.org/

Check them out...

Hi J..
I have been trying to come up with a good response for you and I'm not sure that there is one! I know I was in the NAvy when I felt that it was time for me to get back to church and God... what a journey~

Anyway- part of the church finding is God finding. Just start chatting with Him about where he wants you and your family. Do you want traditional? Contemporary? A non-denominational church? There are so many great churches to chose from. One that I hear over and over is Fellowship Bible North in PLano. Their web addy is: http://www.fbcnorth.org/content/24.htm

When I went to look up the addy I found out their serman series is "Aliens Strangers and Wanderers" :)

I live down south by White Rock Lake, so I'm not much help with more northern churches. If you want I can recommend a couple my friends attend. If you want to drve south on Nov 5th ( a Sat AM) our church is having Manna Mug and MUffin, which is a very casual time of coffee, muffins, a guest speaker and mug games. Lots of fun! Let me know. Feel free to e-mail w/ any questions.
All the best,

I like in Northeast Dallas and we go to a church called Watermark Community Church. There is a large portion of our membership that lives in the Plano/Richardson area. It is a non-denominational, VERY young church. So there are a lot of young parents with children and a lot of focus on programs for kids. Right now we meet at the auditorium of the Lake Highlands High School, however, we have purchased land and a building at the intersection of 75 and 635 and plan to build a facility there soon. The website is www.watermarkcommunity.org Feel free to check it out and email them or me if you have any questions or wish to visit and meet someone there. Good luck in your search!

We live in Plano, but I have been attending Unity Church in Dallas for about 15 years. It's on Forest Ln., not too far of a drive. The philosophy is a little different, very accepting of all denominations, very "spiritual", not guilt centered. It's a large congregation of about 1,000, lots of kids programs etc. Not for everyone, but I didn't want a traditional church so it works well for us. By the way it's not Unitarian, which is a completely different church that people often confuse with Unity. Hope this helps.

hi!!
wow, that's wondeful decision..
I go to an awesome church that's not too far from you. it's called Citipointed.
it's not overwhelming big, the people are so nice, and the love of the Lord is there. I would love to share this place with you..
you can email me at ____@____.com
thanks so much,D.

Fellowship Bible Church North is wonderful - the people are really great and they are totally focused on kids too. They are on Lexington (behind the Target on Parker and 75) fbcn.org

Prestonwood Baptist church is a great church. They have a great children's programs and AWANA for kids, and Sunday school classes to get plugged in, it's big doesn't feel that way.

We love Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Plano.

1 / 3