Looking for Christian Friends

Hi ladies~ I am looking to get to know some other christian mom's in the area. I am currently expecting our first child in about 6 weeks. We are struggling a lot lately and I could definately use some God-trusting friends these days. My husband and I reside in Kentwood Michigan. I am 27 and he is 30. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Hi - N.

MOPS is a great place to start. I have been attending a group for over five years now. I have made several friends thru the group and it is always great to be with other Moms for support. Many have summer in the park opportunities too, where the kids play and the Moms can talk and hangout.

Ask at your church if there is a new Moms group some have them. Don't forget to pray asking God to send the right friend for you, if he picks her out you know it will be a good match.

God Bless - J.

Hi N.,

I understand needing a group of friends. Motherhood can be a lonely place at times. What part of GR do you live? Would love to get to know you. Until then, I will be praying for you. Life can have struggles, but there is always hope.

Hi N.,
I am a SAHM of a toddler and 7 week old. I have just started going to an excellent bible study group that meets out of byron center or wyoming (depending on who's hosting) and there is a whole slew of us that have young babies. Right there there is my little girl at 7 week, another little girl who's 2 months, a little girl that was just born last week, and another little girl that's about 3 weeks old. Plus some of the moms are currently expecting. It's a really great well-rounded group of women who are anywhere from 21 (me - being the baby) to late 30's, some with kids, some with out, some married, some divorced and single-parenting, and even a few who are engaged or single. So it really runs a range. But, one thing we all have in common is being what I would consider very "realistic" Christians. I've never felt like anyone was condemning or judgmental, or even worse a "phony" or overly "churchy"... if that makes sense. And I actually live in Kentwood too...
Any-who, if you'd be interested in getting to know me and my family please respond! Or if you think you'd be interested in going to a bible study with me - I'd love to hear back!
A.

I've heard lots of good things about MOPS - though the biggest downside in my opinion is that most groups meet during the day! I'm a single mom working full time, so that's just not an option for me. But I just found out that Sunshine Community Church (at Beltline & 4 Mile) has an evening group, so I'm thinking about looking into that.

Hi N.!

Would you be interested in attending a Women's Study on Thursday mornings ~ 9:30 - 11:30 am at St. Alphonsus Church, Grand Rapids NE. We are doing "Bad Girls of the Bible" and is it ever great! Great women, great time! Interested? We'd love to have you join us. We just started 2 weeks ago and you can join in as you are able. Not everyone can make it all the time ... no pressure...and fun! Please come and try it!

Blessings,

Hi N.,
Kudos to you for reaching out for help!!! When I was home with my 1st, I got real lonely and depressed. My best advice is to seek out a MOPS group in Kentwood. I'm not sure which church has one on that end of town, but you can search for group locations on the website. www.mops.org I think. My MOPS group (Jenison) saved my sanity!! My best friends came from that group. Being a first time mom is tough, and you need to know when and how to reach out when you are at the end of your rope. See, no baby yet and already, you're a pro!! If you want more info, please feel free to let me know. Hugs and Blessings to you!!

1 / 3