Looking for Birthday Games Ideas for 4-6Yr Olds

I am having a birthday party for my 4 year old son and I am looking for some ideas on icebreaker games or just fun inexpensive games to play. Please let me know all you moms out there who have any ideas.

I know this is an old game, but my son loved musical chairs. The kids had a great time. There were no winners or losers. Everyone got a goody bag at the end of the game. We had kids from age 2 to 10 playing at my son's last birthday( he is 7)

My daughter loves this game.

Tie a long piece of ribbon to long balloons. Then tie the string to every child's foot. Everyone runs around trying to pop the others balloons and keep theirs from popping.

Pin the tail on the donkey...use a poster of some sort and stickers with each childs name. That way no one has to worry about tacks.

Do you have a sandbox. Have a little treasure hunt in the sandbox to look for prizes.

Make a treasure map with pictures of furniture and places in the house or yard...each place has a clue to the next clue until they find the treasure. I do this on rainy days sometimes and the treasure box has a little chocolate candy for each child. You use pictures because they kids can't read.

give them crayons or colored pencils and have draw them draw a picture off their monther or father or their best friend and get some $1,00 store frames to put them inand
they can give them to their parents after the party.

Buy the pens that especially made for wash off tattos and have someone nake tattos of them or paint their faces.

Beads;;;;;;;; the girls can make necklaces and the boys can make key chains.

Have AN ANERICAN IDOL SHOW - AND THEY CAN SING. OR dance AND GIVE OUT SMALL PRIZE

MUSICAL HATS! For many parties I have done Musical HATS!! Works just like musical chairs only with HATS. Just don't put them in a pile (or there will head clunking) but put them in a line and have the children go around. We used santa hats, fireman hats, construction, army hats, crazy halloween wigs, winter hats, baseball caps, and more. It's really easy to do. We had a punk rock purple wig and it was funny to see the boys hesitate to grab it.

SLIPPER TOSS! Get a few pair of adult slippers and then have the kids line up and one at a time put them on and kick them to a HULA HOOP (Laying on the ground a distance away) See how many make it in the ring.

We held a birthday party for our son when he was in first grade and invited the whole class of 22 kids!!(We were younger and crazier then!!).We set up some carnival type games-ball toss into a big box with circles cut out of it and a clown painted on it,we let each kid decorate their own cupcake and eat it,we had make your own sundaes(lots of plastic on floor/tables),played pin the tail on the donkey,played musical chairs(all the stuff we did when we were kids)and it was mid-January and SNOWING so we went outside and built snowmen and had a snowball fight,but if it's hot why not water balloon fights or slip and slides?

Lori C

Dance contests to silly songs. There are so many songs for kids that have actions in them..."hop three times" etc.
Disney Kid songs, Sesame Street "Hot,Hot,Hot!" Album. Chicken Dance, Hokey Pokey. (The library is the best place to find new music) We DJ the Family dances at our elementry school, and the Perschool/Kinder. Contests are the most fun, because they love to dance and aren't embarraced. Have fun

For lots of ideas, go to www.familyfun.go.com
You can search by age for games, crafts, treat ideas etc.
Have fun!

At DD's 5 year old party...we played Musical Chairs...did a practice run for the kids then played two rounds....we started with 8 kids each time....to soften the blow the kid who didn't get a chair got to choose the chair to be taken away...then we assembled a "cheering" section for those eliminated...funny the two 3 year olds and the party one each time...and they all had fun...no prizes given either...also they liked Pin the Tail on the donkey

1 / 3