Looking for Best Bluebonnet Area to Take Photos

Hi - the area I normally go to take photos with bluebonnets is just not as pretty this year. I was wondering if anyone else has found any spots (preferably NOT on the side of the highway!) where the bluebonnets are glorious this year for taking photos?

I took my kids to Brenham last weekend. There is a field between the Wal-mart and Home Depot. It is behind the Super Wal-Mart and in front of The Home Depot. I have lived in Texas my whole life and grew up taking pictures in the Bluebonnets every year and honestly this is one of the best places I have ever seen.

Have fun!

You couldn't have posted this at a better time. This weekend is the Bluebonnet Festival in Burnet (about 45 minutes North of Austin). Go here to find out more: http://www.burnetchamber.org/6395826_65735.htm

I have a friend who has taken magnificent photos of his daughter in the fields of Burnet at the Bluebonnet Festival. Plus there's lots to do there!

Hi T.,

Do you mind emailing me back what you received as reponses? I would love to take my 12 month old to get his first TX bluebonnet pics!

Sunday I saw several families taking pictures at Old Settler Park. They were at the back entrance off Old Settlers Road across from the baseball fieds.

Hi T.,

I saw a great place along Hwy 79 this last weekend. It's just before you get to the convenience station in front of the Dell Diamond. There's a little row of duplexes in front of it and it looked nice and thick. I've been looking too so that I can take my pregnancy pictures in them like I did the first time around. :o) I'll have to check out the festival in Burnet as well.

1 / 3