Looking for a Yummy Dairy Free Cake in the South Bay Area

My four year old daughter has a severe allergic reaction to Dairy, were she is required to have an Epi-pen jr. I have been making all of her birthday cakes since she was born; but now that she will be turning five, I would like to buy her a dairy-free cake. Can someone please let me know of some bakeries in the South bay area, that make great tasting dairy-free cakes or cupcakes?

Thanks

This company has received a lot of press. I hear the cakes are great. Check out their site www.sensitivebaker.com.

THE SENSITIVE BAKER
100% wheat-free/gluten-free.
100% dairy-free/casein-free.
100% natural.

There are few good ways to contact us:

E-mail: ____@____.com
Fax: ###-###-####
Phone: ###-###-####
Or come by:
10836 1/2 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

during our business hours:
Sunday 10am-2pm
Monday-Thurs 10am-6pm
Friday 10am-2pm

CLOSED SATURDAY!
(It’s a kosher thing.)

A.

My 17-month old is allergic to cow's milk, too. She's just been invited to her first birthday party, so I've been on the hunt for dairy-free cake to bring with us. Manii's Bakery has a delicious vegan carrot cake. They have a branch on Fairfax Ave & 6th St. and a branch in Santa Monica on Main St.
Ironically, my husband and I enjoyed the cake very much while my daughter refused to even try it. But she is extemely obstinate against new foods.
I'm going to try my hand at baking a dairy-free cake, now that I know the menu for the party. Do you have a good dairy-free chocolate cake recipe?

My daughter is allergic to wheat. There is a Glute Free and Vegan cupcake shop called Baby Cakes in Torrance. They are at the corner of Hawthorne & PCH. The cupcakes are okay, but my daughter will eat them.
Let me know what else you find.

Oh yeah, go to Planet Earth Eco Cafe on Pier Ave in Hermosa and tell Christina or Tommy that G. sent you.

My son can't eat dairy, soy, salt and they accomodated him with a gorgeous fruit tart for 8 people. I'm sure they acnmake you a no dairy cake - it'll be a, ha, piece of cake.

A little aboue me:

Novelist/screenwriter with college age and just teen kids.

I had good luck with the cakes at the El Segundo Whole Foods. They are completely dairy free and for being dairy-free, were pretty darn tasty. They will of course cost you a little more. You might even be able to get them to give you a sample.

1 / 3