Looking for a Weekend Getaway near the DFW Area

Hi Ladies!

Grandma has offered to take our preschooler for a week and my husband and I are THRILLED! We are planning to take a little 3 or 4 day getaway with just us and our sweet (well-behaved!) 10 month old baby. We are really just looking to relax and unwind. We want to do the simple things that you can't do with a 3 year old around, like read and nap and sit quietly and drink wine. We don't need any nightlife other than maybe a decent restaurant or a small movie theater. We absolutely LOVE! staying in little cabins or cottages or a rental house or anywhere that we can have a lot of privacy. The most important thing to us is the quiet and the possibly the view. We live in North Fort Worth and really don't want to drive more than 2 or 3 hours to get where we're going. We're on a really tight budget, so we're looking for something around $150 per night or less, if possible.

Does anyone know of anyplace that sounds like this?? Any information or advice would be so sincerely appreciated!!

THANKS!

There is suppose to be a Humming Bird ranch that they have cabins in and the wild flowers grow. They stock the refer withy food and they have tons of humming birds. I know it is a little early for the wild flowers but I would look online. I found it once before. I belonged to Greater Lewisville Newcomers and they had a speaker once from there.n Good Luck. G. W

In Austin there's a nice little B&B called Carrington' Bluff Inn. There are 2 houses that make it up. The Writer's cottage has 3 bedrooms and is by far my favorite.

You rent just one of the rooms (I've stayed in the Hugh Kenner, but you don't need 2 Queen beds), and in the cottage there's a shared sitting area, breakfast area and kitchen which you can use. The fridge is stocked with wine and ice cream and you take what you want.

In the morning you walk across the street to breakfast at the big house.

There is no view, but it's very relaxing. Lady Bird Johnson's Wild Flower Center is about a 20 minute drive, downtown Austin is just a few minutes drive.

http://carringtonsbluff.com/

Try the Beavers Bend area in/around Broken Bow, Okla. It is really nice and there are a lot of different cabins in the area. It may be about a 4 hr drive but it is worth it. for $150 a night you can get a cabin with a hot tub at Pine Meadows cabin. The people there are really nice. There are privately owned cabins or cabins in the Beaver's Bend Park. ( no hot tubs in the park)

go and enjoy

Wildcatter Ranch near Graham, TX close to Possum Kingdom Lake. There is a restaurant on site but they have a frig in the rooms and grills are available too. Let them know you are on a budget. They are terrific out there.

me and my husband always go to Plum Lake in canton. we live in SW Fort Worth and it is about 2 hours from us. the web site is www.plumlake.com and all there cabins are sucluded and each has their own hot tub too, look it up you just might like it and if you go on the first monday of the month you can go to the First Monday Trade Day there, it is huge and a lot of shopping but a lot of fun.

I would recomend Jefferson Texas. It is 2 1/2 hours east on I-20. They have lovely bed in breakfast there. It is a beautifl small town! Very tranquil! Especially now with spring right around the corner. They have thousands of blue bonnets out that way! Not to mention Caddo Lake. You may want to check that out as well. I know you can rent cabins there! But you have the little guy & the lake - maybe not!
Try to google it!
HTH, S.

Go to the website vrbo.com. They have lots of cottages that owners rent out usually cheaper than hotels or b&b. We rented a ocean front home in galveston from this website for pretty cheap. They have owners from all over the world. Lake Austin or Grabury would not be a bad drive. I have rented a home on Lake Austin, and it was pretty nice and quiet. The homes are usually fully furnished...you just bring the food and maybe your pillows and comforters.
Have a great time!
Kim

Either of these towns is a nice getaway for girlfriends and couples that is close by the DFW area.

Glen Rose Texas is a quaint little town with a shopping square and a river for swimming and a picnic. Fossil Rim is nearby and sometimes local small town events are going on.

This link if for the old in on the river (view). It is is immaculate shape, peaceful and very friendly. They have a nice 4 course dinner special on the weekends (reservations a good idea).

http://www.glenrosetexas.net/inn.html

There are many local cottages/cabins too. A nice little red on on the main road but I cannot find the info.

All Accomodations: http://www.glenrosetexas.net/accomodations.html and Town Site http://www.glenrosetexas.net/

Granbury is very near by with a lively town square. There is a breakfast dinner that is fab.

I haven't stayed in Granbury but we visited there on while in Glen Rose. Great town square and also local events. There is a great little breakfast diner there. Yummy and casual.

Pam's Restaurant & Coffee Shop
204 S Morgan St
Granbury, TX 76048
Local:
###-###-####

Enjoy!

http://carringtonsbluff.com/

The Pomegranite House Bed & Breakfast in Granbury, TX
Ideal for what you described, antique shops for perusing, movie theater, lots of restaurants and close to Ft. Worth location. Quiet, quaint location. Breakfast served each morning (absolutely delicious) and within your budget. Check out pomhouse.com.

1 / 3