Looking for a US Destination to Take Hubby for His Birthday

I am in Chicago...looking for a great place to take my husband for his birthday...which is in Oct (but we can go in early Nov too). We can only go for 3-4 days (including travel days) so I want a place that doesn't require too much travel time - I would say 2-3 hrs max for a flight. He loves golf, would totally be up for some kind of resort or spa area, but mostly we would want a place that is warmer, has options for a fun night out, and a great hotel for lots of SLEEP (I guess that's what happens when you have kids!).
If you have any good ideas, would really appreciate. I tried looking at vacation packages on the travel websites, but didn't come up with anything interesting. I think I need a better idea of where to look.

Vegas it up =)
So easy to get there from Chicago and there are always great 3-4 day packages to Vegas

Vegas it up =)

Hi - we are chicago also and did a direct flight to cancun and stayed at the ritz carlton. They have a fabulous pool, You can walk to decent restaurants and its about a 10 -15 minute taxi ride from airport to hotel. Just in case you have passports.

We have also done getaways to Hilton Head and Miami Beach. Cancun and Hilton Head have great golf nearby. I believe we took a direct regional jet flight to Savannah and then drove. We actually took a golf clinic and took a few strokes off our game. Have fun - god for you for making the time to get away!

Robert Trent Jones golf trail in Alabama !

Myrtle Beach/Hilton Head, New Orleans, or...Vegas!

Nashville is a blast!!!

Scottsdale, AZ has great golf and spas!!!

New Orleans. Such a culturally different place. Warm. Fun night life (French Quarter or the Jazz club area next to it). And lots of quiet places like walking through the garden district or going on a plantation tour. Stay at a nice hotel and sleep in all you want. Close to the airport and you don't need a car.

My husband is a golfer too and LOVES Arizona. Lots of great resorts/courses in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. It's very warm in Oct/Nov, the resorts are beautiful and there are lots of great restaurants. I think you BOTH would love it :)

1 / 3