Looking for a Pediatric Optometrist

I am looking for a pediatric optometrist in downtown Chicago. I live in the Streeterville area. Anyone have any recommendations for a local optometrist. We went to our optometrist and she wasn't really able to examine my 5 year old daughter because the exam and equipment were geared towards older children and adults.

I know this is not completely answering your question because our Dr. is NOT downtown...but I totally think she is worth the drive. I live in Chicago, but I make the drive up to Glenview just to see her. Her name is Dr. Minou Colis. She specializes in children (in fact, I think she only sees children). She is great and not over zelous when it comes to possibly of doing surgery or anything. I really like her. I was referred to her 13 years ago when my daughter was a premmie. SHe had to have her eyes checked and looked after for a year because of her gestational age. She never had a problem. My now 7 year old daughter has a "lazy" eye, so I've been with her twice a year since she was a baby. I really like the office too. Just thought I'd put out the name in case you were willing to drive. 2440 Ravine Way in Glenview. ###-###-####. She is affliated with childrens memorial. LOVE HER!

Not downtown, but Lincoln Park...Children's Memorial

Dr. Rhamani
###-###-####

My almost 5 year old has been going to him since she has been 2 months old!!! He is terrific and very mild mannered. I fyou have any questions you can email me at ____@____.com

Sincerely,
R. Weber

I agree with Rachel W. I've been taking my son to Children's Memorial since he was 6 mos. old. He had 2 eye surgeries (at 1 yr. and 4yrs. old) and is still seeing the same doctor for his yearly check-ups even though he is almost 13 now. He sees Dr Marilyn Mets but they are all mild mannered and experts at dealing with young children.

dr zaparackas... ###-###-####, 150 e huron

she's seen my daughter twice; once at 3 months and once at 12 months. very nice staff and certainly able to help out with a 5 year old!

1 / 3