Looking for a Pediatric Optometrist

Updated on September 30, 2008
C.S. asks from Chicago, IL

I am looking for a pediatric optometrist in downtown Chicago. I live in the Streeterville area. Anyone have any recommendations for a local optometrist. We went to our optometrist and she wasn't really able to examine my 5 year old daughter because the exam and equipment were geared towards older children and adults.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Chicago on

I know this is not completely answering your question because our Dr. is NOT downtown...but I totally think she is worth the drive. I live in Chicago, but I make the drive up to Glenview just to see her. Her name is Dr. Minou Colis. She specializes in children (in fact, I think she only sees children). She is great and not over zelous when it comes to possibly of doing surgery or anything. I really like her. I was referred to her 13 years ago when my daughter was a premmie. SHe had to have her eyes checked and looked after for a year because of her gestational age. She never had a problem. My now 7 year old daughter has a "lazy" eye, so I've been with her twice a year since she was a baby. I really like the office too. Just thought I'd put out the name in case you were willing to drive. 2440 Ravine Way in Glenview. ###-###-####. She is affliated with childrens memorial. LOVE HER!

answers from Chicago on

Not downtown, but Lincoln Park...Children's Memorial

Dr. Rhamani

My almost 5 year old has been going to him since she has been 2 months old!!! He is terrific and very mild mannered. I fyou have any questions you can email me at ____@____.com

R. Weber

answers from Chicago on

I agree with Rachel W. I've been taking my son to Children's Memorial since he was 6 mos. old. He had 2 eye surgeries (at 1 yr. and 4yrs. old) and is still seeing the same doctor for his yearly check-ups even though he is almost 13 now. He sees Dr Marilyn Mets but they are all mild mannered and experts at dealing with young children.

answers from Chicago on

dr zaparackas... ###-###-####, 150 e huron

she's seen my daughter twice; once at 3 months and once at 12 months. very nice staff and certainly able to help out with a 5 year old!

Next question: Searching for Developmental Optometrist