Looking for a OB-GYN in Plano

I am looking for a female OBGYN ( just my personal preference) who delivers preferably at Medical Center of Plano. Some one who doesn't rush through the appointment, compassionate and who is on time for the appointment at least 60% of the time( I understand that emergencies do come up ) with friendly staff. I have already checked that Dr. Katrina Walsh doesn't accept BlueCross BlueShield and Dr.Jennifer Campbell ( though at Presbytarian ) is not accepting new patients until January.

I am wondering if any of you would be able to share personal experiences with any of the following Doctors:

Dr. Dawn Bankston or her partners ( Dr Cindy Hartley, Dr Kathryn white)
Dr. Arlene Jacobs

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Thak you all for taking time to respond and sharing your experiences. I finally decided to go with Dr.Hartley and so far so good. I'll post updates as things progress.

Dr. Lisa Umholtz is a great OB-GYN! I've recommended her to several others and they all have been pleased with her as well. She works with Dr. Jacobs, all of the women in this practice would be great.
Good luck, T.

Dr. Umholtz at Plano Medical Center is wonderful!! At least 90% of the time she was on time for my appointments and she is very professional. She is not super social, but that was ok with me, as long as she was and is a good doctor. I think she is in the same team as Dr. Jacobs. It is a large team of women.

Hope this helps!

I go to Dr. Traci Nivens. Her office is in Presby of Plano Hospital. She made my pregnancy totally enjoyable and I wouldn't change anything. She never rushed me and was only late I think 2-3 times for my appointments. Nothing I couldn't be ok with. Good luck on your second!

Randa

Good luck, T.

Dr. Kathryn White delivered my baby boy 12 years ago. As for the appointments in her office, I have no complaints about anything until I delivered the baby. Only during the early stages of my pregnancy, my blood sample was found to have signs of abnormality. Dr. White called me over the phone and informed in a matter-of-fact type of tone that my baby would:
1. have Down's syndrome, or
2. die and not complete the full term, or
3. die shortly if he was ever born

There was no hope in her voice. It must just be her voice but I didn't find any encouragement, compassion or at least a "don't worry, we'll see again after we do another test" (I forgot what you call this test, amnio-something, which took 2 weeks to get the results -the longest 2 weeks in my whole entire life.) After this 2nd test, everything was found to be normal and I had the most precious, smart, good-looking, good-natured son a mother can have. I might have some negative opinion about her but what I thought about her after the whole ordeal was I will not recommend her to anyone. But that was 12 years ago. I just had to respond to your question about a personal experience. Hope you find a great physician. God bless.

I am not familiar w/the following Dr's. Dr. Dawn Bankston or her partners ( Dr Cindy Hartley, Dr Kathryn white)
Dr. Arlene Jacobs

But, I know of a Dr. that practices both in Carrollton and Plano. His name is Dr. Herzog. He is wonderful. I went into labor when I was 8 weeks pregnant and because he used new technology and new surgery technique... I didn't lose my baby. I wouldn't use anyone else if he is on my insurance.

A. Lynn

I have been a patient of Dr. Bankston's for seven years. She delivered both of my babies. All I can say is that she is wonderful! I have also met her partners and they are all good doctors. You cannot go wrong with any of them.

I highly recomment Dr. Bankston.

Hi U.,

I love Dr. Hartley! She performed emergency surgery on me for an ectopic pregnancy in 2004 and delivered my little girl in 2005. Dr. Hartley is compassionate, down to earth, very nice, and does not rush through appointments. Her nurse is also fantastic. Dr. Hartley has 4 kids of her own and is very in touch with everything a woman goes through. Let me know if you have any other questions. The practice is busy but I still feel that they give great individual attention. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I definitely recommend Dr. Judith Hsu. She delivers at Medical Center Plano and her office is right next door. She is absolutely wonderful. She was there the entire time I was pushing and didn't just wait until the very end. She is so friendly and welcoming and always has a smile on her face. One of my best friends also uses her and she delivered twins. Dr. Hsu was on maternity leave and my friend when into labor two months early. Dr. Hsu came in off her leave to help deliver the babies. She really cares about her patients.

Dr. Cindy Hartley delivered my son in August 2005. I got to know her & the other (3) doctors she offices with pretty well because I had to stay at Medical Center of Plano the last month of my pregnancy. Dr. Bankston actually admitted me & treated me the first week of hospitalization because Hartley was out of town. I highly recommend the doctors and Medical Center of Plano.

1 / 3