Looking for a New Car/van/crossover for Family of 4

I currently have a 2003 minivan and am looking for a new van/SUV/crossover, but am not sure which ones to look at. Does anybody have any suggestions or love their vehicle so much that they would recommend it to a family of 4?

Oh my gosh! I am a new member and I love this! Thank you, thank you Everyone! Lots of good advice and now my spring break will be spent doing research. I'll let you know once we have decided and test drove and bargained . . .Thanks again!

all I can say is I love my Chrysler town and country it is great and keeps the kids entertain while driving and it is great cause you can get the kids from either side.

I just bought a Nissan Quest and I love it so much! There is so much room inside and it has tons of trunk space. I have two children and one on the way and I don't think that we could have made a better decision. I had researched all of the minivans out there and this was the one that best suited my needs for the price. Good luck!

We have six kids,we recently test drove a Ford Freestyle. It was great! It has a lot of family friendly stuff, but not a van look. The dealer did say that when the new ones come out they are going to be called something different(can't remember what the new name is) Good luck, it is always fun looking for a new car.

If you're looking for an interesting alternative, consider the Toyota FJ Cruiser. We just bought one a few months ago. We looked at a bunch of minivans/SUVs/etc. and this was the one my husband felt most comfortable with. He's Mr. Cool Guy and he wanted a DadMobile that didn't scream "Soccer Mom." :) It's a little smaller than a typical family-mobile, but it's rated super high for safety and buy back value. It's the perfect fit for us, our baby and our two dogs...and we definitely have room for one more baby if we ever need it! The only issue I have with it is that's it's a little awkward for me to get the car seat into it because it's kind of high up. But best of all, it's got rubber floors so to clean it, all you have to do is hose it out. We LOVE it.

I absolutely love my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I purchased it new (but I have seen them used for very reasonable prices). Mine is loaded and has so much room inside. I love the drive and safety features. I previously had a 5 year old small SUV and my insurance only increased by about $20. My agent said I went from driving one of the most unsafe cars to one of the safest cars. It has side airbags that continue to the third row (unlike most cross-overs) and shoulder strap seat belts for the the third row passengers. I recommend getting all wheel drive. I did and I had no problems over the winter.

Happy shopping.

I just got a Dodge Magnum and I love it! It is a great car that they consider a cross-over vehicle. It has great saftey ratings (front and side curtain air bags), very roomy in the backseat, lots of cargo space, great gas milage, not to mention they look very sharp on the road! I think you should definitly go take one for a test drive, I think you would be plesantly surprised! Hope this helps!

C.,

I'm not sure what you mean by a crossover, but I got a 2007 Ford Escape 3 months ago, and I love it. (I was always a minivan person.) It's good on gas. I did not get the 4wd. I got the cheapest one with automatic transmission and a/c! lol The back seats are very easy and quick to fold down flat if you need to haul something in the back. It has the air bags.

I bought my Ford Freestyle last July and am absolutely pleased with it. Gas mileage is pretty good compared to SUVs (I also have a Jeep Liberty - the mileage is much better on my Ford than the Jeep). It is all-wheel drive with side curtain airbags and also has the 3rd row, which was the original reason I even looked at it. It is fantastic. I have 2 children and a husband so, we are also a family of four. I have been abel to fit 7 people (with 3 carseats) in the care comfortably. It was the option I took over a minivan and couldn't be happier. I thinkt he Freestyle was Ford's first attempt at a cross-over because they currently have another car on the market that they are advertising as a crossover as well.

Hello...I have a 2006 Durango which I bought in December of 2005. I must say that I LOVE IT. It has everything, plus the DVD system which makes any trip wonderful. I have a 5 yr old and a 16 month old and it's been great.

I have a Honda Pilot and love it! Use to drive a Ford Explorer, liked that one too. I think I like the pilots better. They drive alot smoother than the ford. My sister has always had a Honda Odysee and liked that but now she's switching to the Pilot.

1 / 3