Looking for a Name That Means "Miracle"

Hi Moms. I have a dumb question. Is there someway and place I can put in a meaning of a name and get name options? I am pregnant with our 3rd child. I have a thyroid condition and when I got pregnant the endocrinologist told us it was a miracle I got pregnant at all! The doctors have said that about all my kids (other fertility problems involved) My husband and I feel like this baby is a "miracle from God". I am looking for a name either boy or girl with that meaning or at least close. Here is the catch: It also has to sound good with Sierra and Isabella, my two daughters! Any suggestions on names or how to find a name from a meaning is helpful! Thanks ahead of time. A.

We found out we are having our 3rd GIRL!!! We have decided on Hannah as her first name. We may spell it Hanna but not sure yet. we still have NO middle name. The other girls have a family middle name and finding one we like with Hannah that has special meaning to a family member is tough. We have until July to decide so hopefully something will pop up by then. Thanks to you all!!!!

I found this site and put in the meaning "Miracle" and it came up with a list of names...
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/search.php?p=mea...

If you copy and paste the link it should take you to the exact page with the first listings. Hope you find one you like.

Someone posted the same question to Yahoo a couple of years ago. Here is the link with the answers. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2007042803014... There are some great suggestions. Also you can just Google " name meaning miracle " . That's what I did to find the link above. There are lots of links.

Naysa is Hebrew for 'Miracle of God.' Nessa is an alternate spelling, stemming from the root "Nes," which means miracle. I don't know how that might help you for a male name, unless you incorporate the letters or syllable into a name...

The name Matthew means "gift from God."

* karishma
* kiojah
* milagra
* milagro
* milagros
* mirari
* nesiah
* pele
* yavesly

Eve- It means "Gift from God"

For a girl, Mira means "miracle" or "wonderful" (in Latin). A friend named her daughter that --- it is lovely. It is also the name for a star. It is in the constellation Cetus (the Whale).

To Give------- NATHAN

You have gotten a lot of great help. Just thought I would toss in one more. At www.google.com, right next to the logo you will see a link called "Language Tools". When you click on that it takes you to a program where you can type a word in the box and direct it to translate from English to about 40 other languages. You could try that for the word and see if any of the names can be anglicized/americanized into a name you like. I know your child will love the story of their name when they are old enough to understand. Have fun and may God be glorified in the child's life!

1 / 3