Looking for a Name That Means "Miracle"

Hi Moms. I have a dumb question. Is there someway and place I can put in a meaning of a name and get name options? I am pregnant with our 3rd child. I have a thyroid condition and when I got pregnant the endocrinologist told us it was a miracle I got pregnant at all! The doctors have said that about all my kids (other fertility problems involved) My husband and I feel like this baby is a "miracle from God". I am looking for a name either boy or girl with that meaning or at least close. Here is the catch: It also has to sound good with Sierra and Isabella, my two daughters! Any suggestions on names or how to find a name from a meaning is helpful! Thanks ahead of time. A.

We found out we are having our 3rd GIRL!!! We have decided on Hannah as her first name. We may spell it Hanna but not sure yet. we still have NO middle name. The other girls have a family middle name and finding one we like with Hannah that has special meaning to a family member is tough. We have until July to decide so hopefully something will pop up by then. Thanks to you all!!!!

I found this site and put in the meaning "Miracle" and it came up with a list of names...
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/search.php?p=mea...

If you copy and paste the link it should take you to the exact page with the first listings. Hope you find one you like.

Someone posted the same question to Yahoo a couple of years ago. Here is the link with the answers. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2007042803014... There are some great suggestions. Also you can just Google " name meaning miracle " . That's what I did to find the link above. There are lots of links.

Naysa is Hebrew for 'Miracle of God.' Nessa is an alternate spelling, stemming from the root "Nes," which means miracle. I don't know how that might help you for a male name, unless you incorporate the letters or syllable into a name...

The name Matthew means "gift from God."

* karishma
* kiojah
* milagra
* milagro
* milagros
* mirari
* nesiah
* pele
* yavesly

Eve- It means "Gift from God"

For a girl, Mira means "miracle" or "wonderful" (in Latin). A friend named her daughter that --- it is lovely. It is also the name for a star. It is in the constellation Cetus (the Whale).

To Give------- NATHAN

You have gotten a lot of great help. Just thought I would toss in one more. At www.google.com, right next to the logo you will see a link called "Language Tools". When you click on that it takes you to a program where you can type a word in the box and direct it to translate from English to about 40 other languages. You could try that for the word and see if any of the names can be anglicized/americanized into a name you like. I know your child will love the story of their name when they are old enough to understand. Have fun and may God be glorified in the child's life!

Hannah's son's name was Samuel.
Abraham and Sara had Isacc.
Elizabeth had John.

Those are ones off thetop of my head. You can always type in baby names and meanings in your serach engine too.

Good luck and continue to be blessed,
Nanc

Indian name "Karishma" means Miracle ,its for a Girl.

Babycenter.com has a tool to help you figure that out.

I've looked through a few of the suggestions you've had so far and I really like Grace. It seems so simple and fits well with your girls' names. And I guess I'm more the traditional type, so if it's a boy I like Nathaniel and Matthew. You'll get a lot of advice - good luck! :)

What about Arianna? It means "gift from god." And I love your children's names, they're beautiful. Congratulations on your third!

Milagros(pronounced Me La Gros) is miracle in spanish, of course for a girl,lol. But it does go well with Sierra and Isabella. And you can call Milly for short. I have a neice who was named this because she was a miracle baby. Nasya is miracle of God in Hebrew. Nissan is miracle for boy.
here is a website-www.Thinkbabynames.com.Good luck with your little miracle and God bless.

Eliana (f) = G-d answered
Eliezer (m) = G-d helped
Ezra (m) = [G-d's] help
Nathaniel (m), Jonathan (m), Natanya (f) = G-d gave
Judah = praise/thanks (to G-d)
Baruch (m), Bracha (f) = blessing

Nasia does mean miracle from G-d, but I have to say that in all my travels throught the U.S., Canada and Israel, I've never met anyone with that name. Your child might find it uncomfortable to be THAT unusual. Nissan, on the other hand, is a common enough boy's name - at least in the Jewish community. There must be an anglo version of the name, like Jonathan for Yonatan, but I can't think what it would be.

http://www.babynamey.com/ has an option to search names by meaning.

I have an aunt named Milagros which means miracles in Spanish. She's called Mili, for short. Alternatively you could choose a name with symbolic meaning, such as Lourdes, a place where miracles are performed.

You are going to have a harder time with boy names, unfortunately. For either gender, you could choose the name of a saint who performed a miracle dear to your heart.

babynames.com you can look up names by he meanings

the name milagro is a latin term for the word miracle

Congrats, A., on your upcoming arrival! You can go to www.babynames.com and click on advanced search and search by meaning. It's near the top. There's a search bar, letters to click on to find a name beginning with a certain letter, and then it says advanced search in small print under that. Good luck finding something you love!

Hi. The only name I know that means "miracle" is Milagro (Spanish).

In spanish, it translates to milagro. Don't know of a site that translates baby names per se, but if you google translation websites, I'm sure you'll come up with several.

If it's a girl, how about:

- CARINA. Italian meaning 'Dear Little One; beloved'

- DOROTHY. Greek meaning 'Gift of God'

- AMELIA. German meaning 'Work of the Lord'

If it's a boy, how about:

- BENNETT. Latin meaning 'Little Blessed One'

- NATHANIEL. Hebrew meaning 'Gift of God'

- MATTHEW. Hebrew meaning 'Gift of God'

- THEODORE. Greek meaning 'Gift of God'

Zoe is Greek for life. used in the New testament in John 10:10.

I struggled for many years with infertility issues as a result of cancer at the age of 19. Doctor's also told me that I would never get pregnant with my own child. I did a number of things trying alternative medicine and IVF. I finally had a daughter who I named Victoria. She is also my miracle from God. No matter how had you try things are ultimately in His hands.

Congrats,
G.

MYBIRTHCARE.COM YOU CAN SEARCH BY MEANINGS:

Mireya Spanish Miracle.
Madison, Matthew and Nathaniel (and variations of) mean Gift of God

Jonathan also means "gift from God", if it is a boy.

Nasia or Nasya is a name that means miracle of God in Hebrew

Dorothy is Gift of God

Miradieu (Miracle of God) Hatian descent. My ex-boyfriend's name is Miradieu and it is Haitian Creole meaning for Miracle of God.