Looking for a Midwife

Hi Ladies.
I am looking for a new midwife. I used Jennifer Carney CNM with my first baby. She has since gone on to Law school and is no longer practicing. :( The medical field will forever lose the good ones. I would stay with her office except that they no longer accept my insurance. I am trying to find a midwife that works out of any hospital in Chicago or the near suburbs. I understand the midwives at Northwestern are good but I cannot find any information on how to contact them on the NWH website. Any and all information concerning a midwife is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

west suburban midwives are fantastic.

Not crazy about prentice or IL masonic as they are too interventive

I used West Suburban Women's Health in Willowbrook. My midwife was Shari Haney...she is simply the best. Here is the website:

http://www.wswomenshealth.com/doctors_staff/shari_haney.html

I used the Swedish Covenant Medical Associates Midwifery unit on the north side of Chicago (Foster and California) when I delivered in September and had a great experience. They were not to interventive, very supportive. I don't have the number handy. But Sherri Ruerrup delivered me - and it was a great experience.

I'm not sure where you're located, or what hospital you want to use, but if you're near oak park, there are two midwifery practices in the area, both excellent. West Suburban Midwife Associates was mine - http://westsubmidwives.com/ and the other one (don't know name of practice) includes Shirley Moore and is in River Forest.

Edited - I noticed that other people posted about west sub hospital - I loved it, but I've heard that some MW practices want to leave, or maybe have left, since they were purchased by a catholic hospital and no longer provide full women's health care (like post-birth tubal ligation, or treatment for women with ectopic pregnancies.) So you may want to check on that if you're also looking for a hospital. The birthing rooms and tubs are great, though!

we loved loved loved the midwives at Northwestern. Carol Hirschfield is my primary caregiver now. They delivered my oldest son and supported me with the birth of my twin sons 2 years ago (high risk births can't have midwives there and twins fall into that category). That said, Carol came to their birth to be with us, hold my hand and cheer us on. They're great, supportive of your choices and nonjudgemental about your decisions. Good luck!

We used West Suburban Midwives in Oak Park for both of ours and they were great. They accept most insurance policies and deliver at West Suburban Hospital in Oak Park.

Hi V.,

I used the midwives at Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group and delivered at prentice. I LOVED them, especially Amy Willett's, Jennifer Lynch(she delivered me!) and Carol Hirschfield. Give them a call at ###-###-####.(www.nmpg.com, or org?) If you are interested in Illinois Masonic's Program I have a friend who is a midwife there and I would trust her completely. I'd have to get the info for you, so let me know if you want it!

Best of luck,
A.

1 / 3